• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 ET500

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from a small group ride of the East Texas 500 route. We decided to do it in two days, instead of the customary three, and stopped overnight in Center. The customary starting spot of the Livingston Walmart was used, and we were on the road by around 0830. It was hot, but the skies were clear and made for a nice day of riding. Some muddy sections were still around though:

We had our only hiccup soon after with a flat rear tire. With some serious teamwork though, we were back on the road within 30 minutes:

-4588963213426096160.jpg

Day one took us on some great dirt/sand roads, and also some nice slab as well. We did a bit of bike swapping too, so got to try out some other steeds:

We stopped at the Holly Park Marina for lunch, and had some great, fresh off the grill burgers while we cooled off for a bit. Then it was off to our next stop which was Center for the night.

Attachments

• 460667117918074870.jpg
    460667117918074870.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
We got to Center at around 1800, checked in, cleaned up, then had dinner at The Catch seafood restaurant. Great food, but sorry, no food pics; it was all gone before I could get the phone out! Talk about sucking down some tea too! Poor waitress probably had to buy new shoes the next day, lol.

We made the smart decision to leave out earlier the next day in order to beat the heat:

The day went great, and I have more video to follow, but unfortunately, I've reached my upload limit on Vimeo for the week (yeah, I'm cheap) :-D
I'll post up more whenever I can.... stay tuned!

looks like fun.... I'm in on the next one...

Reactions: my6
I know there is one dog in East Texas that will stay on the porch the next time he hears a bike coming down the road!

He didn’t see me coming did he? Just glad I didn’t go down. For those who weren’t there, he came out of nowhere and ran into the side of my front wheel while pursuing Ron. He was fixated on getting Ron and didn’t see me in close formation.

Please post verified tracks!

I hope to run this as a one day ride in a few weeks.

Was this a Saturday - Sunday ride or a Sunday - Monday ride?

Please post verified tracks!

I hope to run this as a one day ride in a few weeks.

I'll be glad to post the tracks; just be patient as life is a bit busy right now. While I am never one to tell anyone how they should or should not ride, just know that we were flagged down twice during this ride by residents along the path that reminded us we were speeding... and we really weren't going that fast at all (relatively). I believe they had seen others blowing by and were getting a bit p***** off about it. Would hate to ruin what has always been a great route for us... just sayin'. At least be sure to chill near houses.

I know one house on the route that waves down every vehicle that passes by. After my first experience with that guy I determined I was only going to stop if they are flashing red and blue lights at me.

I know one house on the route that waves down every vehicle that passes by. After my first experience with that guy I determined I was only going to stop if they are flashing red and blue lights at me.

I remember that guy. Didn't we actually stop the first time he did that and we tried to be civil with him?
Gave up on subsequent ETs. Some people just like to make a fuss. (oh, and "public" road is not exclusive to all but your friends and neighbors as that fellow wanted to believe)

Did he look like a retired Gunnery Sargeant?

Here's my other videos, all from the second day. Thought I had more, but for some reason, the last couple did not make it.

I don't get Mondays off.
But I would love to join in on a Saturday - Sunday ride.

I don't want to invite myself in case this is a private ride but if it is public count me in.

This started out years ago as a 3 day ride. Lots of fun but I had to take a day of vacation on Friday.
Then it was a two day ride and that was a blast.
East Texas is beautiful and lots of great roads and Forest roads.
If anyone runs this anytime I am in.

For some reason, I don't have the tracks from our actual ride. Here though are the tracks from my scouting ride. You'll see a few back-tracks, but otherwise, it's the same route we rode.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

Thanks for the route. I rode the first 100 miles of this (Livingston to Rayburn Dam) last Thursday. Only place I detoured around was 2565 east of Chester as the road was closed.

Hunter, glad you tried it. Strange that the road was closed; any idea why? So what was your detour? South on 287 then catch 2565 from that end?

That road is (or was) just about impassable if it has rained recently.

This is what you get if you go around the signs.

Back