• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY 2024 Hill Country 500

Vote your preference

• Best Western $99 (single or double) +tax, hot buffet breakfast

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • America’s Best Value $69.99 (single or double ) breakfast: waffles, coffee

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Econolodge $50 single $54 double. Coffee, cold breakfast items

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • None of the above. I’ll make my own arrangements. (Camping or a different hotel)

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey Gang, the rumors are true, there will be a Texas 500 this year.

Memorial Weekend. May 25-27

This year we will HQ in Junction. The area offers at least two solid days of paved and unpaved riding. And probably the most unpaved public roads in the state.

This is a Serve Yo’Self rally. IOW, you decide where and what to eat. There’ll be no swag; no stickers, no t shirts, no raffle, etc.

Routes will be offered for down loading onto your GPS. We will help setting up groups, but most of the effort is on you to find a suitable group to ride with.

Please use the poll to vote your top preference of the 3 hotels I have spoken with.

Camping is another option. You are on your own there.

The poll will close Thursday. I will call the winner to let them know we are coming.

It is then very important that you call the hotel asap and reserve your room.

The Best Western had limited single rooms available. We will be scattered all over this hotel.

America’s Best Value, aka The Legends Hotel, is a homey place with hand painted murals.

The Econolodge offers clean, basic rooms.

More info coming shortly. First OOB is getting accommodations secured.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
EDIT: Thanks for adding dates!

Unless I’m missing something I don’t see dates listed. Is this going to be Memorial Day weekend? Thanks.

Last edited:
Cheap model options are Hills and Sun Valley. I've stayed at both - maybe bring a sleeping bag :-P but proximity to Izaack's for walking distance good breakfast is handy.

I'll be watching for the date of this one and will see if I can make it!

Cheap model options are Hills and Sun Valley. I've stayed at both - maybe bring a sleeping bag :-P but proximity to Izaack's for walking distance good breakfast is handy.

I'll be watching for the date of this one and will see if I can make it!

Thanks guys,

Dates are May 25 - 27, 2024

Some may want to come a day early. Some may wish to stay a day later.

JT and I stayed at The Hills once. It was ok. Yes, you might want to bring a sleeping bag and pillow. And don’t mind a grungy bathroom…. No offense to Jeff. I’ve stayed in worse LOL

Did you get the group rate?
Hi Gina, I wasn't aware that anything was set up quite yet.

I just booked through Walmart+ Travel which was $105 a night for the double room but gave me $17.77 back in Walmart Cash as a Walmart+ member.

Total was $355 total for 3 nights includes taxes & fees

Hi Gina, I wasn't aware that anything was set up quite yet.

I just booked through Walmart+ Travel which was $105 a night for the double room but gave me $17.77 back in Walmart Cash as a Walmart+ member.

Total was $355 total for 3 nights includes taxes & fees
I spoke with managers at the above hotels and got group rates noted in the poll. I am waiting to commit pending poll result.

Looks like you did just as well, if not a lil better on your own. 😉

Thanks guys,

Dates are May 25 - 27, 2024

Some may want to come a day early. Some may wish to stay a day later.

JT and I stayed at The Hills once. It was ok. Yes, you might want to bring a sleeping bag and pillow. And don’t mind a grungy bathroom…. No offense to Jeff. I’ve stayed in worse LOL
So, Saturday. May 25th to Monday, May 27th?

With 8 votes, the honor of hosting us goes to Best Western.

If you plan to stay at BW, CALL them so you can save a little with the group rate. Tell them you are with “Hill Country 500” to get that group rate.

CALL THEIR LOCAL NUMBER 325-446-3700

Remember, same $99 rate whether a single or double.

People are free to stay wherever they like. Looks like we will have a large group camping.

CAMPERS:

North Llano River RV Park is offering us 15% off their usual rates. They will group us in the same area.

Standard RV site usual rate is $55/night. Premium site (big rig) usual rate is $70

They also have tent sites down by the river.

Wanna make it a family weekend? The RV park can arrange family activities like a tie dye class or outings. Talk to Russ the manager. There is an apartment for rent in the A frame bldng. 1 queen and 2 twin beds, bathroom and kitchen. $130/night.

Also there is a rally room available for free IF we book at least 8 sites. Might be useful for holding a meet n greet, sharing gps files, finding riding buddies, etc. has a kitchen too.

To get the discounted rate, CALL the park and identify as being with the “Hill Country 500”.

North Llano River RV Park

325-999-1193

Those of you that are on the fence about participating, this is an absolute hoot of a ride. Gina and JT, the "unofficial" guides will have some great routes pre-planned for the groups. Personally, I would be taking my converted cargo camper to one of the RV parks or State Park, BUT I have to have cataract surgery a little before the event; not sure of when I will be comfortable piloting the T 700 with new vision. Perhaps I can make it. :eek2:

Last year, I went a day or two early and got the Sisters done, saw the cycle museum at Vanderpool, and thoroughly enjoyed some of the best riding in Texas. Even if I can't make this year's Hill Country 500, BIG thank you to Gina and JT for doing this again!

Hi Rex, good luck with the eye surgery. I hope you make the ride!

Back