• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A few pics of my 09 Buell 1125 CR

Kidder

Reaction score
I did a couple of mods over the weekend. One is a quick release system for the front seat. The second was that I added a Battery Tender quick disconnect to the battery. I also took a few pics of the bike on the Pit Bull rear stand made specifically for the 09 1125 R/CR and 09 V-Max. (Does this stand make my butt look fat?)

battery_tend_route1_med.jpg

battery_tend_route2_med.jpg

battery_tend_connector_med.jpg

Plug_connected_med.jpg

Pit_Buell2_med.jpg

Pit_Buell_med.jpg

left_front1_med.jpg

left_rear_med2.jpg

leftside1_med.jpg

leftside2_med.jpg

right_front1_med.jpg

right_med.jpg

Cool Pic's of your bike. Went out to start mine today and the battery was dead. That
will teach me not to start it for a month. So I hooked up my tender and am hoping the "clicking" goes away and the battery recharges quickly. Explain the quick "disconnect" on the front seat as it is a pain to unscrew the bolts to adjust the rear shock.
Thanks,
Buellboy
07 Ully Lite
09 1125CR

Posts screw into the spot where the bolts that hold the seat down would normally go. Steel cables loop through each side of the frame and have a cotter pin that goes through the stud once the seat is in place. Easy on, easy off. (You can see the steel cables in the pic that shows how I routed the Battery Tender cable.)

I got them from American Sport Bike. Linky

Awesome, I will get the pieces and get 'hooked up". Now, a couple of mods I have done:
Remove "inner" airbox cover. The intake noise above 4K RPM is music to my ears with no ECM mods necessary!! Lower the foot pegs 1 inch buy buying Buell Accessory pegs (1pr)
that come stock on a XB9XS "City X". They are inexpensive and unkink your legs. I also found a way to mount City X crossbar handlebars with special risers/spacers I modified.
This allows the mirrors to appear as stock ( like with clubman bars) and use of the hand
guards that come stock on the ULLY. I had the bar riser kit you have on yours but then the mirrors are at a strange angle and the bars where still to low/wide for my tastes. My "comfort mods" added about another 50 miles of comfort for me over the stock set up.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!
Buellboy

Good looking bike!

But I have a question on the side and it is why we cover the license plate number when posting a picture? What is the 'risk'?

Good looking bike!

But I have a question on the side and it is why we cover the license plate number when posting a picture? What is the 'risk'?

I guess so someone can't look up where I am. I also wanted to show off my incredible Photoshop skills. :lol2:

I guess so someone can't look up where I am.

I send all of the photos of Kidder's bikes that have the plate in view to the Arlington Main Police Office. :trust:

-

OK, Judd, when ya gonna come show it off? :scratch:

375 lbs/146HP and corners like it is on rails...
Not to mention the EIGHT piston caliper on the front ZTL brake..
First real superbike for Erick Buell just in time for H-D to "pull the plug".
Go figure.....
Buellboy
2007 Ully Lite
2009 1125 CR

Awesome, I will get the pieces and get 'hooked up". Now, a couple of mods I have done:
Remove "inner" airbox cover. The intake noise above 4K RPM is music to my ears with no ECM mods necessary!! Lower the foot pegs 1 inch buy buying Buell Accessory pegs (1pr)
that come stock on a XB9XS "City X". They are inexpensive and unkink your legs. I also found a way to mount City X crossbar handlebars with special risers/spacers I modified.
This allows the mirrors to appear as stock ( like with clubman bars) and use of the hand
guards that come stock on the ULLY. I had the bar riser kit you have on yours but then the mirrors are at a strange angle and the bars where still to low/wide for my tastes. My "comfort mods" added about another 50 miles of comfort for me over the stock set up.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!
Buellboy

Do you think you'll be able to get it close to the comfort of the Uly?
Have you thought about having the seat redone with a little more padding to raise it up and give you another inch of leg room?
I know its been said, but the Uly would have been soooo great with that motor, so I'm wondering if you could get close.

Do you think you'll be able to get it close to the comfort of the Uly?
Have you thought about having the seat redone with a little more padding to raise it up and give you another inch of leg room?
I know its been said, but the Uly would have been soooo great with that motor, so I'm wondering if you could get close.

I don't have a Uly so I can't attest to the comfort vs. the 1125 CR.

I did however, just pick up the Touring seat. It is taller than the standard seat and it also has a firmer foam. I will report back on how it is compared to the standard seat.

I don't have a Uly so I can't attest to the comfort vs. the 1125 CR.

I did however, just pick up the Touring seat. It is taller than the standard seat and it also has a firmer foam. I will report back on how it is compared to the standard seat.

how much taller?
lowering the pegs 1" + raising the seat 1" would make a noticable difference in leg room

I need to know where to get the "Touring" seat. If you could mount the City X rear
subframe to the 1125CR you could put the tall seat from the City X (XB9XS) on it
and that would get the seat peg spacing near a Ully XT. What makes the ULLY
so comfortable is the long travel suspension, the tall bars and the wide/deep seat.
Unless you could put the Ully suspension on the 1125 chassis(not likely) I do not
believe the switch can be done. The Firebolt is a lot like a Ully, the 1125CR is not.
BuellBoy

I will do a comparison. It appears to be .5" higher. It could be more. I'll take both off and measure, if possible.

I think I got lucky and found the last custom seat (also fits Firebolt) in the U.S. I had emailed a bunch of dealers and found one that had one. I was unable to find one up to that point.

I might consider some lower pegs later. I need to get used to this now and see if I really want to go that route. The seat may have done the trick.

Okay, I got the Buell pegs installed today and took a quick ride down the street and back. They are noticeably more comfortable. They are an inch lower and are wider both front to back and side to side. They are a direct bolt-on. I had to adjust the gear shift down to make up for the drop in pegs. I didn't' mess with the brake lever.

Part # N0006.1AK http://www.buell.com/en_us/gear/acc...2&ProductLineID=2&CategoryID=7&ProductID=4259

Thanks for the info!!
Let me know how the Ully pegs work!!

I can tell you they are the way to go for comfort.

And, for considerably cheaper, you can get silver ones.

N0503.1AK, FOOTPEG, RIDER, RH (SILVER)
N0502.1AK, FOOTPEG, RIDER, LH (SILVER)

About half the cost of the black. $40 a set versus $80 for the black.

I can tell you they are the way to go for comfort.

And, for considerably cheaper, you can get silver ones.

N0503.1AK, FOOTPEG, RIDER, RH (SILVER)
N0502.1AK, FOOTPEG, RIDER, LH (SILVER)

About half the cost of the black. $40 a set versus $80 for the black.

You can also get these from Knight Design for $70 shipped: (pick your color)

695142018_QArnS-L.jpg

Randy,

I hadn't seen those before. Nice alternative. Those look to be the same size of the stock peg but with a 1" drop. Would you agree?

Randy,

I hadn't seen those before. Nice alternative. Those look to be the same size of the stock peg but with a 1" drop. Would you agree?

I believe so. They certainly made a tremendous difference in comfort for me.

Back