• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Abilene to Memphis TN - Ideas?

Reaction score
Climbing on the back of the tame goose and headed east for a week. I can overnight one night each, coming and going.

I-20 - I-30 - I-40 is the "Normal" route. I want a little more scenery but cannot detour more than a few hours.

Any decent side trips or alternate routes come to mind? Please share.

Did you go on this ride ?
It didn't go according to plan mainly due to time constraints, but I did go. Took off northwest from Abilene on smaller roads until I hit Gainesville, then followed 82 to Texarkana. Spent the night there and had lunch with a couple buddies from there, then followed US 67 & 70 into Memphis. I missed the Ouachitas/OK entirely. Got a late departure from Memphis (visiting Mom) then got a chance to see my daughter and granddaughter... smack in the belly of the Metroplex I was trying to avoid. Got back late on the 15th, good visits and sore behind.

Got a brother up in Tulsa who rides, I intend to hit him up to go on the one you suggested.

Back