• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Are we in trouble for this...

For some reason when I look at those things, I just have this nearly undeniable urge to put on a little "pudding bowl" helmet and ride down to Strokers in Dallas. I don't know why. :rofl:

ha ha, a hybrid scooter, treehuggers are nuts.

I'm in Ozona right now and I saw a bunch of hippies in a prius today from Colorado that had a "Obama 08" decal and another decal that said, "Cool Planet, Cool Car, drive a hybrid."

Made me laugh my [mod. edit] off. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of shots of Susan taking the corner at our house. It's really wild to watch the front wheels work in combination.

susan_5063q.jpg

susan_5064q.jpg

So how does she like it?

That is pretty wild to watch the front wheels turn like that....can't wait to see it in person! :rider:

I got nothin' against three wheels. It's like I was tellin' the wife the other night, "Whatever it takes to keep it up." ;-) Hey, if you can't balance it on two.....:lol2:

Just looks like one more tire to buy and mount to me, though. :duck:

Really does look kinda cool. I bet you get a lot of gawks, worse than riding a sidecar rig. :lol2: I'd like to try it, gotta be different. What sort of lean angle is it capable of? Maybe I could keep from pushing the front on that one. :rofl:

Jack, just ping YouTube with Piaggio MP3. There are all kinds of vids out there, some of them getting quite aggressive with the lean angles.

Mama 'dun guud! :clap:

Ok, so I'm curious - does it steer the same as a bike (push left go left) or like a quad (pull left go left) ?

Ok, so I'm curious - does it steer the same as a bike (push left go left) or like a quad (pull left go left) ?

Just like a bike - no difference - it leans in the turns, it just keeps all three tires on the ground.

So, I've seen a couple of vids of people test driving them, where they give it a little gas, lurch forward, and then fiddle with something on the lower center console before they try it again. What's that, a parking brake or something?

So, I've seen a couple of vids of people test driving them, where they give it a little gas, lurch forward, and then fiddle with something on the lower center console before they try it again. What's that, a parking brake or something?

Yes, it has a parking brake below the console/bars - it's a lever that runs up and down.

There is also the suspension set/release on the right handlebar - you can lock the suspension for short parking sessions or when you are going less than 6 mph prior to a stop and you are too lazy to put your feet down (we haven't tried that yet). :roll:

Yes, it has a parking brake below the console/bars - it's a lever that runs up and down.

There is also the suspension set/release on the right handlebar - you can lock the suspension for short parking sessions or when you are going less than 6 mph prior to a stop and you are too lazy to put your feet down (we haven't tried that yet). :roll:

Hmmm... so if you parked on a side hill, does it lock the suspension in a "perpendicular" position, or does it look for level?

Hmmm... so if you parked on a side hill, does it lock the suspension in a "perpendicular" position, or does it look for level?

It locks in whatever position you have it in. Usually, you have it level (or upright) and it will lock there. I have seen a picture of one locked with one tire on the street & another on a curb.

Couple of questions...

1) Can you drag a knee on it and has she yet? :mrgreen: :lol2:

2) If you pull up to a stop sign and come to a complete stop, do you have to put your feet down, or will it balance with your weight on it and stay up straight?

It's a very interesting machine, and I think all of us are just trying to understand it. I think we all agree that it's COOL though. :clap:

1) Can you drag a knee on it and has she yet? :mrgreen: :lol2:

2) If you pull up to a stop sign and come to a complete stop, do you have to put your feet down, or will it balance with your weight on it and stay up straight?

1. dunno and no... :lol2:

2. Under 6 mph with throttle at idle, you can engage the suspension lock and supposedly not put your feet down (we haven't tried it yet, we are both very used to feet down at a stop). The suspension unlocks when you crack open the throttle.

:rider:

I wonder if you could lean it way over in a low speed turn, and lock the suspension to keep it going in circles with your hands off the bars?

It makes me sorry I'll be on vacation and miss the Hico pie run. I would love to see that in person.

Back