• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Are we in trouble for this...

Time for a track day, and we want video. :rider: :rofl:

I agree - the track would be a great place to learn it's limits without outside distractions BUT... would a track day org. allow a three-wheeled vehicle? :ponder:

A review in motorcycle.com: MP3

-------

OK, she HAD to ride the scoot over to my brother's place in Plano on the 4th. We kept it to the back roads and found some cool spots, including a rainstorm in Celina on the way back (pie run scouting).

Stopping in Denton:

susan_5142q.jpg

-------

Put the first farkle (or necessary mod) in this weekend - a Wolo Bad Boy air horn (it was on sale at Northern Tool). Works almost as well as a Stebel - it's hidden under the cowl, so who will know! :-P

Part of the operation:

d70_5162q.jpg

wired_aux_panel_5161q.jpg

rightside_5164q.jpg

:mrgreen:

You're gonna have to start calling her Judge Dredd

firstflight_5055q.jpg

Dredd_bike.jpg

Happy Bike Day to both of you.

You're gonna have to start calling her Judge Dredd

I guess I need to watch that one and probably the original Mad Max movie again - several folks have commented on how the scooter has a Mad Max look to it... :lol2:

Saw those the other day when I was in AF1 they picked up
the Piaggo/cushman line and had one on the floor. I spent
too much time test riding the Shiver to get any seat time
but I am going back.

congrats cool ride

I'm late to the party, but congrats anyway!

Thats a sweet looking machine. Maybe I can see it at one of the Mafia, I mean, DFW meetings. :drool:

Risking flames for resurrecting an old thread...

It's time to report FARKLEs! :zen:

Susan (tortuga) started with the air horn (make an appointment for a personal demostration - bring ear protection).

Next was the tail rack:

tailrack_5459q.jpg

The blinker indicator is hard to see and she (and I when I rode it) kept leaving the blinkers on. So, I adapted an ElectroPod LED set that I picked up at Cycle Gear. Orange (amber) is allowed for blinking signals, so I got those.

electropod_5492q.jpg

It comes with a long wire and a switch but I just used the individual unit wires which were just long enough to reach the blinker wires. My supply of Posi-Tap connectors came in handly for this (4 red connectors in the photo)

blinker_taps_5480q.jpg

The led pods were mounted on the ends of the instrument panel. Here you can see both on (emergency flasher mode):

leds_on_5498q.jpg

While we had the entire front end plastics removed, we changed out the righthand blinker that had gotten munched in a tipover. This happened in the dip at the bottom of the driveway where the wife's feet no longer touch the ground. The solution is to lock the MP3's suspension and roll right thru it. :sun:

new_bracket_5478q.jpg

The other reason for all the front-end tupperware removal was to add a bracket for the new windscreen (Givi). So far, she likes it on the highway:

windscreen_5483q.jpg

We ran errands yesterday to test the screen. Today, she had to make an emergency Dr Pepper run since we were running low:

dr_pepper_load_5490q.jpg

That shot shows the under-seat storage and use of the tail rack. Next item to order is a 52 liter top case. :zen:

Still trying to figure out what to do with the seat - those Italians must be shaped differently... :shrug:

Shoulda tested that storage space with Dublin Dr Pepper :trust:

that a Stebel you put on there?

I sat on one of these at the bike show last year and I thought it was NEATO !!!
kudos to you and your new addition!!! :clap:

I am also late to this thread... but I have to throw in my two (or should it be three?) cents. I see one of these nearly every monring at the intersection of 183 and McNeil in north Austin. I've been waiting for months to see these three-wheeled scooters come up in a topic here so I could figure out what in the world I was looking at. Thanks! Enjoy your cool ride.

I have forgotten to update this with the addition of more farkles.

Latest was a rework of the seat by some folks over in Carrollton:

redone_5734q.jpg

That chopped out the foam & put some thinner, firmer stuff in. They removed a little compartment that held the rain cover and finally covered it with some marine-grade vinyl.

Susan took it to Cleburne last night and said it didn't make her legs or read end go numb - a good sign! :thumb:

It was definitely lowered since she now has to sit straight to see over the windshield.

susan_newseat_5735q.jpg

With some thicker soled boots, it is more manageable during stops (locking the suspension is hard to do without it feeling weird)

susan_newseat_5736q.jpg

Previously, we added a top case with a light kit and a Whelen light bar:

left_signal_5554q.jpg

There is a more detailed discussion of what was done on a thread over on Modern Vespa...

The new bike looks like it would be hoot to ride.

I, too, am a proponent of thick soled boots. I had to finally get New Rock Punk motorcycle boots so I could manage the GoldWing. Now everything is kool. When I am out and about, I do draw some interesting looks from locals, especially country folk. Also, I have noticed other motorcyclists throwing a wary eye upon them.:)

Just curious as to which brand boots did Susan go with? Thanks.

:rider:

Back