• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WEST TX: Brownwood Memorial Ride for Hardi Hill

Reaction score
First Name
C T
Last Name
Walston
Hardiquinn Hill, a 9 year old Brownwood girl died recently from severe child abuse/neglect at the hands of her own mother!! This beautiful young girl lived a horrible existence, little known or seen by anyone in the west Texas community of Brownwood. Her Uncle said that she loved motorcycles.

Numerous riders from all over Texas have put out the call for as many motorcyclists as they can muster, to come to Brownwood in a show of support and remembrance of this precious life that was so tragically lost right here in our own state!

My herd will be there, and will leave a stuffed animal, along with a card at the growing memorial for Hardi. :tears:

I really hope the TWT community will fall in line here, and show our love for this kid. I can't even begin to imagine the living **** she went through in her short life.

A memorial ride planned for Hardi is scheduled to take place Saturday, November 12. The Brownwood community will come together to ride for Hardi, meeting at the Stripes at 3801 US-377 South in Brownwood at 11:30 that morning. They will ride through Coleman county. Some independent motorcyclists will be joining them, because Jeanel said Hardi loved bikes.

You can read the full story in the link below.

1665115635154.png

There are no words for this situation, I know. But what a beautiful thing you've done for three young men. Parenting is full of sacrifices and incredible rewards.

Looks like I have several Ballinger area riders committing to ride as a group.

We will meet at the Ballinger Stripes, and depart for Brownwood at10:00 am.

Get there early if you want coffee or snacks!

Cool. I'd like to meet there and ride with the group as long as it's not with loud bikes.

I have a new rider, and this will be his longest ride!

He's never ridden with a group before.

I told him about riding staggered in a group, and will put him in an odd # slot, most likely #5 slot!

I have gotten commitments from several San Angelo riders in the past couple of days!

I will give a group ride safety briefing before we depart, as I am aware of at least 3 new riders, who have little or no group riding experience who plan to go.

Any loud piped bikes will be asked ride at the back!

Just a week away, and I continue to contact more riders!

I have sent out requests to the DVMA, Disabled Vets MC Assoc, and to the local BACA, Bikers Against Child Abuse chapter as well. Put the word out to as many riders as possible, as I hope to show Hardi's brother that he and his sister are both LOVED and CARED about!

Calls, emails and texts to BACA have gone unanswered so far. I'll try to contact them on other channels.

If anyone has better contact information, or knows a BACA member, please have them contact me.

CT Walston 32five-71eight-982one

I am in class, plus I work 2 jobs, so if I don't answer, be sure to leave me a voicemail or send me a text!! I will return calls and texts when I get a moment.

Is the start time at 10am or 11:30? (The first message says 11:30 and a later one says 10:00.)

What do you have in mind for the route in terms of landscape and length/duration? I'd like to set expectations for my +1.

My group meets at Stripes in Ballinger at 0930, with departure at 1000.

It's an hour ride to Brownwood, putting us at the Stripes in Brownwood by 1100

The Brownwood organizer plans to ride at 1130, and ride through Coleman County, but didn't post a route, or any mileage info that I could find.

Oh, I see now... They ran together in my head, as they both start at a Stripes.

Since we're staying at Lake Brownwood SP, we'll try to join from the Stripes in Brownwood. Sorry for the confusion on my part. Look for me on the CB500X.

Excellent! That gives y'all a chance to sleep in!

Im hoping the Wx is decent.....I just washed the bike yesterday before a late evening flight.

That most likely will deter the majority from going!!

I plan to ride, regardless of the Wx......but, I have heated gear and grips!

I saw this morning it is now predicted 32°. I decided not to take the 7 year old, as he's only ridden once before, and I know he would be miserable!!

I suspect I will be riding solo, as I doubt anybody else will be willing to fight that cold!!

The coldest I have ever ridden in, was 17°

Yup It's going to be chilly. With gear, it would be fine but I also don't have heated gear for my +1. You never know... You might still have company.

I'm still gonna make the ride, regardless of the Wx.....

I'm hoping the Brownwood bubch shows, but if they dont, I'll go to the Lehnis Railroad Museum!

Back