• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camping lbj Grasslands Friday March 8th - canceled!!

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Suppose to rain late Friday night so bring your rain tarp!

I will be there around 5:30. If you can’t find me ride up the road and honk I will find you. I will be on the Africa twin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled, I don’t know what severe storm tonight means but I don’t want to be on a ridge:)

Is there actually places to ride out there or you just riding there and camping? (For future reference)

Is there actually places to ride out there or you just riding there and camping? (For future reference)
There is one designated OHV trail on the National Forests and Grasslands in Texas and that is the Multiple Use Trail located in the Sam Houston National Forest. The forest offers 85 miles of multiple-use trails which may be utilized by registered Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs).
Information regarding the use of OHVs on the NFGT may be found in this brochure:
Travel Management Brochure
Information on the policy related to motor vehicle use on National Forest System lands may be found here:
Travel Management Rule (36 CFR 212, Subpart B, Designation of Roads, Trails, and Areas for Motor Vehicle Use)

Copied this from the Grasslands website. You can ride your horse , mountain bike or hike. They have tighten up the usage over the years, we use to ride our dirt bikes from Alvord to Cottonwood lake and on to Black Creek via trails, but those days are long gone...

There's some dirt roads through the LBJ grasslands. Not really that long but ok to ride through in conjunction with other riding. I certainly wouldn't ride out there just to ride the LBJ grassland roads.

Kevin camps out there quite a bit. It's close to DFW, quiet, nice, free and not crowded. Do a quick overnight and then a decent ride the following day. Not going to change your world but sure beats a night in front of the TV at home. :)

There's some dirt roads through the LBJ grasslands. Not really that long but ok to ride through in conjunction with other riding. I certainly wouldn't ride out there just to ride the LBJ grassland roads.

Kevin camps out there quite a bit. It's close to DFW, quiet, nice, free and not crowded. Do a quick overnight and then a decent ride the following day. Not going to change your world but sure beats a night in front of the TV at home. :)

Bingo!! And there is no trash laying around, very well kept.

Back