• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Canyon lake area

TGTUMBLEWEED

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Last Name
Musgrove
I'm looking for a place to hang a hammock for the night. Any suggestions?

Ken Mystic Quarry looks neat to me. Never stayed there but the web page looked inviting.

Have you camped at Ink's Lake State Park? It is a busy park, but very nice. This post made me think about Georgetown many years ago. I went to college there, and back in the early 1980's I would just go down to the San Gabriel River and camp. Back then there weren't paved trails and apartments all along the river. I saw deer, beavers, wild goats and rattlesnakes along the river and had a great time driving around in my old, slow Landcruiser.

I'm looking for a place to hang a hammock for the night. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
This time of year it will be busy, there is a military area near canyon city if you ar a vet.
Mystic quarry looks like an rv park.

A little bit the other side of bulverde is guadalupe state park, johnson city has pedernales state park.
Locally its schlitterbahn season everything is expensive here

Back