• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CB1100, like it? Hate it?

Kilroy

Reaction score
I've got my eye on a 2013 CB1100, low miles. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the curb weight, and that I don't personally know anyone who has ridden one of these. Do we like them? Hate em?

They are beautiful bikes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@Jeephoto had one. He might give you some first hand info.

@Dao currently owns one too I believe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had a 2014 CB1100 DLX and loved it. Plenty of power, smooth as silk, and a joy to ride. It was heavy moving it around the garage, but felt nearly weightless when rolling. A very easy to ride "big bike".

I agree w/ jeephoto. It's heavy when pushing it around the garage, but i have no problems w/ mine once i let off the clutch.
One thing to consider is the limited "RADIAL" type tire offering for the cb1100 in stock size. In a bias ply, and outside of stock size, there's more choices, but since the cb1100 came stock w/ radial tires, there's but a small handfull of stock radials currently avail.

I've got my eye on a 2013 CB1100, low miles. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the curb weight, and that I don't personally know anyone who has ridden one of these. Do we like them? Hate em?
I owned one and they are nice bikes. I wanted a naked retro and it excelled at that. Weight not an issue, it has plenty of grunt. I went to a HD bike night and a crowd quickly gathered around the bike. That said, luggage options are lacking and after a ride thru the twisties, I thought it should handle better and I was uncomfortable despite a windscreen on it. Don't leave out the current Street Twin in your choices. I have done 2 test rides on them and think they are awesome for the price point.

Larry, I never asked you how the seat on the CB1100 was, when you had it. It doesn't look all that comfortable, with the old fashioned vintage bike "board" style.

There was a rider that came to bike night a while back that had one. Only thing I notice sitting on the bike was the short distance between the pegs and the seat. If you have long legs, it seems like it would be uncomfortable. Maybe there is a way to lower the pegs.

taller seat. I mean, my Bonneville required a taller seat and different handlebars to fit me correctly. All motorcycles feel pretty small to me. They just are not made for above-average height people.

See I had a Bonneville as well, and I absolutely feel that the sitting position is identical to my CB1100.

Prelim. sketch from Honda

preview-928x522.jpg

2013 Production model:
preview-928x522.jpg

FYI: First yr. release was actually back in 2010, so by the time we got them in the states, it had been in production and sold for 3 yrs.
preview-928x522.jpg

I had one for a few years, not too heavy. Well balanced, fast enough for most . Handled fine , it would make a great commuter bike. The only reason l sold mine it was kind of bland if you know what l mean.

Back