• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CRF50 Keihin carburetor parts

Reaction score
I was attempting to clean out the jets/ports on my daughter's 50 today. I was doing the usual wire jet cleaner/ welding tip cleaner run through the passages and my cleaner wire broke off inside the pilot jet. :doh: It wasn't coming out without some sort of miracle. So I got my pencil torch, and pulled the jet from the carb body. Does anyone know of a place that sells individual parts for the Keihin PA carb that comes on a stock CRF50? I checked the Honda microfiche and they only show it as part of the carb body.

I was attempting to clean out the jets/ports on my daughter's 50 today. I was doing the usual wire jet cleaner/ welding tip cleaner run through the passages and my cleaner wire broke off inside the pilot jet. :doh: It wasn't coming out without some sort of miracle. So I got my pencil torch, and pulled the jet from the carb body. Does anyone know of a place that sells individual parts for the Keihin PA carb that comes on a stock CRF50? I checked the Honda microfiche and they only show it as part of the carb body.

have you tried http://www.sudco.com/

I can't seem to find the PA series carb on anyone's site except Honda's. It's a tiny carb and one that I guess isn't replaced too often. They have tons of upgrades ranging from 18mm up to a 26mm. But even the 18mm will be 5mm larger than stock. And this engine is bone stock. Which is how I'd like to keep it. Sure wish the petcock wasn't misaligned on the clocking. When it's pointed at "off", it's still about 10* away from really being off. Otherwise, it wouldn't of been varnished up in the first place. It's looking like I'm going to have to have that brass jet made at a machine shop or buy a new carb. The upgraded ones are about $24-$50. The tiny one from Honda is $99.

Leon, I think going from a 13mm to a 20mm might be a little optimistic. I might gain a tiny bit on top but everywhere else would suffer.

My youngest has a 50, and I have read about the pilot jet, and it being pressed into the carb... it took me a while to get his unclogged and flowing again.... would be nice if it had screwed in..... I almost bought another carb, but decided to keep cleaning his, until i had all of the passages flowing again....

Glen, I'll give that a try. Thanks. On a different note, you still racing minis? (it is Glen, right?):-D ps. That chick on the Sudco page needs some thinning shears on those/that eyebrow. :rofl:

lwt9r, yeah it's definately pressed in and VERY tiny. I made the mistake of pushing just a little too much and twisting with the wire cleaner. I think if I need to store it for any length of time again, I will pull the bowl and let it completely dry out. :giveup:

Glen, I'll give that a try. Thanks. On a different note, you still racing minis? (it is Glen, right?):-D ps. That chick on the Sudco page needs some thinning shears on those/that eyebrow. :rofl:

lwt9r, yeah it's definately pressed in and VERY tiny. I made the mistake of pushing just a little too much and twisting with the wire cleaner. I think if I need to store it for any length of time again, I will pull the bowl and let it completely dry out. :giveup:

I have been spending the summers up in Wisconsin as of late. I wish I could do both race and redo the farm. I was just talking to an old team mate and he said the same we miss racing and just the track but have other things going on every time we want to go.

Other idea on the carb and I am sure you have alread thought of this one is a NASCAR plate on it so it will be low power, and when the wee one is ready then pull it. edit that is a plate on an 18 or larger carb.
r
yes Glen

I can surely relate on the "race or take care of business" thing. My NSR50 is still sitting in the garage with the nipples on the tires and the original gas in the tank. :-? Speaking of..... I need to drain it and dry it out.
As for the NASCAR plate idea, it never crossed my mind since the CRF50 has a max throttle set only allowing what the parent sees prudent. I might look into one of the 16mm carbs I thought I saw while scouring the net for a replacement. If I remember correctly, they were about half the cost of a new stock one from Honda. I guess it's just my "principals" that keep me from going down to the Honda shop and plopping down $100 for a new carb. Other than this tiny brass tube, the one I have is perfect. :-|

I can surely relate on the "race or take care of business" thing. My NSR50 is still sitting in the garage with the nipples on the tires and the original gas in the tank. :-? Speaking of..... I need to drain it and dry it out.
... If I remember correctly, they were about half the cost of a new stock one from Honda. I guess it's just my "principals" that keep me from going down to the Honda shop and plopping down $100 for a new carb. Other than this tiny brass tube, the one I have is perfect. :-|

the idea of an upgrade at 1/2 original cost with plate would take care of what little principals I have. Another + on the upgrade is parts are cheap for it if it does malfunction.

the idea of an upgrade at 1/2 original cost with plate would take care of what little principals I have. Another + on the upgrade is parts are cheap for it if it does malfunction.

True, true.:thumb:

I heard back from Chad Thompson at Sudco. He says that carb is specifically built for Honda and they are the only ones that have parts for them. He couldn't aquire any of them. I thanked him for his time and effort in getting back to me so quickly and informing me what the deal is. Now the quest for a new carb comes in.

Back