• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long Metropolitan Park

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge of difficulty here? I was watching some Youtube videos, and they have different trails some are moderate while others are extreme. Are is the whole park for skilled riders?

Regards,
Mike

I'm getting some ideas for the 4th of July Weekend. I'm all the way in Dallas. So it would just be that weekend for
me

Pretty technical stuff. Rocks, ledges, drops etc. Definitely not beginner territory. I've ridden there only a couple of times so not as well versed as some fellow twter's. There may be more gentle trails around the park that I haven't seen.

If your looking for a place for that KLR in your avatar to ride and enjoy I would say Emma Long would be a hard pass

It is a 1 way loop for experienced riders. My wife found ways around some of the ledges with her TTR125, but was not happy about it. I would not take a bike over 300lbs, and make sure you have skid plates and bark busters.

Some of the gnarliest ledges are near the beginning, but if you can't get past them, you shouldn't be riding there. There is a small beginner loop just below the parking lot.

If you do go, DO NOT cut through the woods to bypass the difficult ledge sections. "Cheater Trails" will get the park closed. If you do see what is clearly a "new" trail bypassing a ledge section, please take a moment to drag some branches or large rocks across the start of it to dissuade further use. Thanks!

You may find Hidden Falls out near Marble Falls to be a much more pleasurable experience.

#2 vote for Hidden Falls before EL unless you have a light dirt bike and experience using it.

Some of the gnarliest ledges are near the beginning, but if you can't get past them, you shouldn't be riding there. There is a small beginner loop just below the parking lot.
Is this beginner loop still there? I've got an hour tomorrow morning, want to do a shakedown of my new small dirtbike (awfully similar to Vinny's Ultra Bee). I've done North and South Loop at HF plenty of times, just would prefer to not haul all the way out there when EL is 5 miles from me.

Yes, the beginner "warm up" loop is still there right next to the parking lot. Just rode it this morning. :thumb:

If you do venture onto the main trails, please see Post #9 above regarding not bypassing hard sections you may encounter. If you find yourself stuck there is no shame in asking your riding buddy to help get your bike up the ledges.

Last edited:
Awesome place…. Would definitely ride a bicycle- hike or ride a smaller bike.

Yes, the beginner "warm up" loop is still there right next to the parking lot. Just rode it this morning. :thumb:

If you do venture onto the main trails, please see Post #9 above regarding not bypassing hard sections you may encounter. If you find yourself stuck there is no shame in asking your riding buddy to help get your bike up the ledges.
Went out and spent an hour on the warm up loop, doing every little rock I could find. Managed to access the main loop but got too hot and was steaming my goggles so I called it a win and went home.

Attachments

• PXL_20240721_140008692.jpg
    PXL_20240721_140008692.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 30
Thanks! I was sold on an ultra bee, since my uncle has one that he'd let me ride a few times. But, then he bought the Arctic Leopard 800 and I fell into a rabbit hole of research and found the EXT500, which on paper is extremely similar (but comes with the big wheels) and then the distributor had this as a demo model for 2k less than I could find an ultra bee. The bee looks a little better and the dash is much better, but otherwise I'm thrilled.

Awesome place…. Would definitely ride a bicycle- hike or ride a smaller bike.
Can confirm… I’ve ridden mountain bikes out there a few times. Fun and technical trails. Some of the downhill sections you can really rip on a full squish mtn bike.

Back