• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ercoupe for sale in Lancaster, TX

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Probably best to just PM me if you are interested and I can get you more info.
These are my Dad's planes. He was an A&P Mechanic and kept them up, until about 2 years ago. He didn't start flying until he was in his 50's and got his A&P in his early 60's. He used to do volunteer mechanic work for the Cold War Air Museum there at the Lancaster airport. He also was the expert of sorts for assembly of the L29 Delfin and L39 Albatross Eatern block military trainer jets that a buddy of his imported from Romania back in the early 2000's. I think he imported somewhere around 20-30 and Dad had a hand or fully assembled many of them.
In the process of getting annuals on them; should be done in the next couple of weeks, I hope. They do NOT have the latest FAA transponders.
There's some other planes in this album; his planes are the 3 Cessnas and the silver and yellow Ercoupe.
Looking for about $30k/ea on the Cessnas. Not sure where the price is on the Ercoupe; I'll need to run that down.

Last edited:
Cold War Air Museum.

The brown and yellow Ercoupe was one of the Ercoupes he owned at one time.

Last edited:
Nice! What's the relation to the Yak in there?
Yeah, ADS-B is either expensive or REALLY expensive depending on the buyers skills.

There was a Yak in the museum, but I don't think that one specifically. They were just taking them out that day and I was shooting pics.

Your dad must like the straight tail 172s. I did my private check ride in one. Nice aircraft. 7876X and 8088X 1961 models and 7281A 1956! classics!

By that you mean, has actual rudder pedals? vs the integrated yoke/rudder?

I don't want to hijack OP's thread here, but I have a bunch of airplane riveting tools from my FIL's stuff. I have no idea what they are even called, or what they are used for. If you are looking for the rivet hammers and dies and other tools that go along with that give me a shout.

I don't want to hijack OP's thread here, but I have a bunch of airplane riveting tools from my FIL's stuff. I have no idea what they are even called, or what they are used for. If you are looking for the rivet hammers and dies and other tools that go along with that give me a shout.
LOL, I'm looking to get rid of stuff like that, but if anybody else sees and has a need, ping HiSPL.

Updated in thread 3/21/2021.
Best laid plans on the annuals. Still trying to get them finished. 2 currently in process. Once completed, I'll update what was done.

They look to be in great condition, I would have thought you would get more than $30k for each of them? I got my pilots license in a 172, then got my high performance rating and then moved to a rotary wing license.. haven’t flown a fixed wing in 20+ years but those look to all be in great condition.. maybe when I retire I will buy a fixed wing to have fun in.. good luck selling them.

Thanks. Structurally, and powerplant, they're in great condition. Probably needs some updating in the comms dept.

Thanks. Structurally, and powerplant, they're in great condition. Probably needs some updating in the comms dept.
Yes transponders and radio‘s always seem to be changing frequencies and specs, so have to be replaced every 20 years or so..

This brings back memories! I was a bit of a ramp rat out there and KLNC before the CWAM got off the ground. Knew most all of those guys. It's been a minute since I've been out there. I rode by the other day just to see if any of the hangers I knew were open. Good group of folks your dad's friends. Is his name Bill by chance? I think there a couple of Ercoupes there. One of the guys had a Belanca 260 that I wanted real bad! Good times!

This brings back memories! I was a bit of a ramp rat out there and KLNC before the CWAM got off the ground. Knew most all of those guys. It's been a minute since I've been out there. I rode by the other day just to see if any of the hangers I knew were open. Good group of folks your dad's friends. Is his name Bill by chance? I think there a couple of Ercoupes there. One of the guys had a Belanca 260 that I wanted real bad! Good times!
Yes, his name is Bill. He's had 3 Ercoupes. This is his favorite. I think Roma might have had the Belanca. It might be for sale. I can check and put you in touch, if you're interested.

I remember one of his prior ercoups. And yes, it was Roma (I still have his number) I miss those guys! I’ll probably go kick around there the next free weekend with good weather. Not sure if your dad would remember me.

I remember one of his prior ercoups. And yes, it was Roma (I still have his number) I miss those guys! I’ll probably go kick around there the next free weekend with good weather. Not sure if your dad would remember me.
Unfortunately, Dad's memory is failing. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Back