• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Found - Want to borrow - Large Helmet

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
My dad told me once before that riding on the motorcycle with me was the scariest thing ever. Not that I did anything scary but he was just nervous. He rode again on his last visit. Next month I'm taking the bike with us on a big family get together to North Georgia. Dad has expressed interest in going on a twisty ride with me. In the past he's crammed his large head into my medium Arai helmets and it has been uncomfortable. Anyone have an older Large size they wouldn't mind loaning me for a week next month?

Re: Want to borrow - Large Helmet

I have a large red Shoei that I've never worn, still in the box, several years old. It's yours if you want to pay shipping from the swamp.

Hmm... what part of Waco? I'm driving through there tomorrow and coming back Sunday, could possibly act as a courier.

Hmm... what part of Waco? I'm driving through there tomorrow and coming back Sunday, could possibly act as a courier.

Hewitt area. But I have meetings in Ft Worth tomorrow. Leaving around 7AM, I can take it with me, but it's unlikely I can get away to meet anyone.

If Jasen wants it, we'll figure out a way. Might be next week.

Thanks Liteitup, I got a few weeks till we leave so yea, we can figure it out for sure. Heck, weather is so nice I could be tempted to just ride down and get it, Waco ain't too far on an FJR. :D This weekend might be booked up though, gotta check, I'll be in touch, thanks!

Dad has had a couple of health scares lately. He realized something that a lot of us motorcyclists have already figured out. He's missed out on stuff in life because he was scared or there was danger, and wants to live it up a little before he goes out. Even though he's nervous, he said he can't wait for a ride on the motorcycle in the mountains. I'll try to not scare him too bad. :D

I've got a Shoei full face size L that I don't use, Jason. It's a bit on the tight side for my fattish head, but if he can squeeze into a M, he can wear this comfortably. If he prefers an open face, I also have a classic style Bell 3/4.

I've got a large Scorpion Exo full and a large Shoei 3/4 that are yours to borrow as you like. I'd prefer not to sell them though- I like having backups.

I've got a large Scorpion and a large Schuberth flip face. You can borrow either one of them. I work in Rowlett, so I'm not that far from you.

I'll just buy LiteItUp's I think. Then I can have a buddy helmet for my dad or anyone else who wants to go for a ride. :D Thanks for all the offers guys!

I should mount the gopro to HIS helmet. That should be fun. :D

I should mount the gopro to HIS helmet. That should be fun. :D

Good idea, you probably won't obstruct his view!:rofl:

Hey, good for your Dad, I hope you enjoy the ride, nothing like getting them involved in motorcycling with you. My Dad and I used to ride together in the 70's and early 80's. Then he decided it was too dangerous. I loved all that time we got to ride, usually when I was home on leave from the Navy.
:rider:

Believe it or not Doug, he's shorter than I am!!!

I figured that, just going at my usual task sir.

You know wally-world has some Bell buckets.
You can wait to pick one up out there in Georgia and if your dad doesn't take to it, it can go back to the store. Or it can go back to the store regardless, it's wally-world after all (just sayin'!)
Then you don't have to haul an empty bucket half-way across the CONUS.

Meh, I'm already hauling my empty bucket halfway across the CONUS. :D Good point though. My brother in law returned a sandwich to WalMart. I've exchanged toilet paper before. They'll take anything back.

Drove down to Waco and met up with Liteitup on Sunday. Got the helmet, and drove back home. Watched the rain come down and the temp guage on the MINI drop below freezing, then noticed the ice forming along the edge of the windshield. Looking at the maps today, I'm glad I got through Corsicana before the weather hit and the traffic snarled. People were stuck for 8+ hours on 45 without moving at all.

Side note...I did pass an ST1300 going the other direction on 31. Hope he made it home ok as it was very cold and wet when we passed each other.

Thanks Liteitup!

Thanks Liteitup!!! Full RR coming next week.

DSCN2391_zps6acc6c34.jpg

Back