• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Free - Non-working Delta Drill Press

Tuco

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
One for the tinkerer.

I have a light duty 12" Delta DP350 variable speed bench top drill press that broke and it's time to upgrade. This unit has 2 sets of pulleys (a motor set and a spindle set) that enable the variable speed function. Almost as soon as the DP350 hit the shores from China many years ago, the pulleys began to fail due to cheap metal and crappy casting.

Last week the motor pulley set disintegrated. A replacement set (and allegedly better quality than the original) can be purchased here: https://www.renovoparts.com/a08514-motor-pulley/

The spindle pully set is working but showing signs of stress; eventually it will fail too. No new spindle pulleys are available anywhere. Occasionally used ones will show up on fleabay but with the same inferior quality.

So I was thinking some smart person here might make use of this by converting it to single speed press or multi speed using conventional pulleys.

Located in Temple, TX. You'll need to come and get it; way too heavy to ship.

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

So I was thinking some smart person here might make use of this by converting it to single speed press or multi speed using conventional pulleys.

The problem with that is that if you have the skill and tools to do this "fix", you probably have a better drill press already, but then I know there are those that do like to tinker just to tinker...

I’ll be coming through the area tomorrow afternoon, if no one else has a great need for it or can grab it sooner I’ll take it

Edit: was just informed that my plans for tomorrow have changed, so it’s free game to whoever

Last edited:
Back