• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda CB1100X?

Reaction score
Rumors or facts?

Several websites are reporting Honda will produce a CB1100X based on the engine from the Africa Twin. It would make sense Honda would use the engine in different chassis. If Honda does indeed make this tasty CB1100X, sign me up!

honda-cb1100x-rendering.jpg

honda-cb1100x-render-1.jpg

The primary source:

fa0235136f3609eac162a0c77a52b7160be70fa7_xlarge.jpg

That doesn't appeal to me. Maybe too angular, not sure.

All your new bikes have been keepers, lol.

Would that be a sporty enough motor for this bike?

Would that be a sporty enough motor for this bike?
With tweaks, it could be. The Rebel 1100 has a different powerband than the Africa Twin, so I am sure there is more that could be done to make it quicker.

IMO, more retro styling would have been a better way to go if you're gonna pull up the CB moniker.
This would be a big brother to a CB500F, not a retro CB bike (like the CB1100), hence the "X" moniker.

Another bike that looks good until I remember that my wife likes to ride on the back. But as long as I keep the old RT around, I could entertain a 2nd, sportier bike.

To me it would compete more with Suzuki DL1050. Actually reminds me of one minus the beak.
I do like how you can see most of power plant.

I kind of like the design. Being a Honda, though, it’ll be overweight, underpowered, and overpriced.

Someone at Honda misread the memo. You are suppose to take the CB500X and make it more like the AT, not the other way around!

Back