• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda CT-70HK1

Reaction score
Free project bike. This was in running condition almost 20 years ago when it was given to me, but it was missing a lot of parts and was in bad condition. I rode it around the neighborhood a couple times and decided it needed to be put back in some semblance of original condition. There was no key, the wiring harness was cut and spliced together, the bars were bent all to **** and the seat was mostly black electrical tape . I've worked on it over the years and now it has a key, the bars are straight and most of the parts are here to make it 100 percent original. I've just come to the conclusion that I have no use for it, even in running condition. I've got about $200 of parts and manual that will come with it.

It's got a new carb, seat, ignition lock, front and rear light, and a bunch of minor fasteners, stays, levers and cables. Its still got issues - the two major ones are the kick-starter is welded to the kick start shaft and it leaks oil. I never could decide if I wanted to rebuild the engine or just buy a Lifan 110 CC engine and give it an upgrade. I had planned to get it running 100%, but leave the patina as is.

It's free to anyone who promises to get it back on the road. I don't think you will need much to get it going if you don't mind the oil leak (its a small leak). The suspension is shot and original parts are NLA, but there are some fairly cheap aftermarket alternatives. It should get new tubes and tires, but most of the other parts are there, many of them are actually installed on the bike now.

Think about it long and hard before raising your hand because I really want to see used. No title available, but that's not an issue unless you want to license it for the road which would be crazy anyway.

The original

IMG_2902.JPEG

It's a little dusty because its been sitting in my wood shop. Its got a new tail light, the rubber cover for the battery, the wiring grommet near the headstock, whole levers, an air cleaner, new carb, new coil, and a headlight bucket.
IMG_4051.JPG

The ignition works and its got a new speedo cable. There are lots of new parts replacing those that were in bad shape or missing. A lot of them are Honda, but most are aftermarket. There is a lot of parts support out there and they aren't expensive.
IMG_4057.JPG

The bad. Looks like the splines stripped so they just welded the kick starter to the shaft. That's a new spring you see behind the kick starter. One of many small hardware parts that had to be replaced.
IMG_4054.JPG

I am jumping up and down waving my hand…pick me pick me! I have wanted another one of these since the one I had in my childhood.
I would love the opportunity to get this fixed back up and running good…I have a complete shop and and the experience to do it.
Let me know if I am the lucky winner…

I am jumping up and down waving my hand…pick me pick me! I have wanted another one of these since the one I had in my childhood.
I would love the opportunity to get this fixed back up and running good…I have a complete shop and and the experience to do it.
Let me know if I am the lucky winner…
Got your PM and you are welcome to it if you are serious about finishing it. I'll contact you via text.

If it falls thru with Dketchum, please put me on the list. I grew up on one of these and would love to restore and ride it.

Put me in line, and I can pick it up on my way home from DFW this week

Had one as a kid when they were new, it be a fun project to restore and have to ride and enjoy cruising around the on

Last edited:
Would love to have that to restore and enjoy!
Can pick it up at your convenience

This one hurt to pass on. I have very fond memories riding irrigation ditches in New Mexico. Unfortunately I have to many projects on the list. Can't wait to see this restored.

David let us know how the project goes…. I knew this would go quick. It was priced right😍

Well I have managed to get it running but the compression is pretty low, so it’s going to come apart and get redone, have to split cases to replace kickstart shaft anyway. Entire bike is to be disassembled next to start the refresh. Have plans to do a resto mod.

You never know what life is going to throw at you and unfortunately I have some medical issues that have developed that require some extreme and expensive(no, insurance never covers everything) treatments..with a unknown long term prognosis.

So I am going to have to offer up the CT70 project to somebody else. The chances of me finishing it anytime soon are pretty slim.
Since I received it for free, I am offering it for Free. I live on the north side of San Antonio..if you are interested let me know and we can work some thing out..I am not even going to try and ship this.

I am also going to be listing my Dirt Bike for sale soon. It’s a KTM 200 EXC 2 stroke. I have a street bike also, but am not ready to give that up yet.

Sorry to hear you’re having issues and hope you have a full recovery. I would be interested in taking over the CT70 project if it hasn’t found a home yet. I live in Round Rock.

Sorry to hear you’re having issues and hope you have a full recovery. I would be interested in taking over the CT70 project if it hasn’t found a home yet. I live in Round Rock.
Sent you a DM

Back