• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda GROM

Reaction score
More than a facelift:
All that for $3,399!

2022-grom-abs-candy_blue-650x380.png

2022-grom-queen_bee_yellow-650x380.png

2022-grom-pearl_white-650x380.png

2022-grom-matte_black_metallic-650x380.png

Pretty cool little bike. Good that they added a 5 speed. What is seat height? I keep trying to talk my brother into buying one of these.
He currently rides a 1967 Honda Super 90, fully restored.

Nice.
I bought a Red Monkey a few months ago because it was on sale and my wife loved the retro look of it. Will it win any races? No, probably not. But with that big wide padded seat, its surprisingly comfortable. Its really a fun little bike to just ride around the neighborhood on. All the neighbors comment on how much fun it looks like, and how it reminds them of the old Honda 50 some of them had when they were kids.
Its definitely a keeper.

I have no reason to own one of these but for some reason I want one. If I was doing more track days what an awesome pit bike it'd make. My biggest is issue is being big. I'd look like I was in a Shriner parade if I rode one of these.

1614775156942.png

@copb8 never to big for a Grom. One of my customers in Fairbanks was about 275-300 and over 6’ and rode a Grom. Asked me to top it out on my test drive for him.

I'm so confused.

Gixxer name screen name, kid wearing a Yamaha shirt, speaking accolades about a Honda!

I figured you might have been joking a little, but...

1. I was dumb when I picked that name. Don't pick your screen name based on the bike you currently own, that's really dumb. It has however stuck with me through the years and now I do own a Gixxus instead of a Gixxer.
2. Check my sig, I'm pretty much bike brand agnostic, except for HD of course. :D
3. Thanks to good deals on used Honda's that kid in that photo is now a huge Honda fan and has one in the garage with my bikes. He's got Honda shirts and hats now.
4. Those weren't really accolades, as I said it'd win against itself, or against nobody. I will however give it accolades, and a big thanks goes to HumanRace on here who put his Grom out there for anybody to come run for a full weekend of racing to a different person each weekend through an entire season. I certainly had a ball out there on the thing, easily as much fun or more than I've had with big bikes on a big track. These bikes are a hoot in the right environment. I live in Dallas and would not like riding one around the streets where I live or I'd certainly own one.

Honda introduced its 2022 GROM this past weekend at the Barber Smallbore Festival. But when will we see it in dealerships?

I’m actually toying with getting a Grom or Z125. The only thing that bothers me on the 2022 Grom is the large exposed screw heads on the plastics. I know it’s so they can easily be switched out for other plastics, but to me, those exposed heads take away from the looks. The blue is my favorite

I would love to have a Grom to do grocery runs on, but around here, there are too many jacked up trucks and drivers staring at cell phones to be comfortable. I did see this Bennelli in Buenos Aires and thought that it might be worth the risk

Attachments

• 20A9C2AA-AC15-4DF2-9EB0-948AC96D01EE.jpeg
    20A9C2AA-AC15-4DF2-9EB0-948AC96D01EE.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 136
I have no reason to own one of these but for some reason I want one. If I was doing more track days what an awesome pit bike it'd make. My biggest is issue is being big. I'd look like I was in a Shriner parade if I rode one of these.

1614775156942.png
That's my concern as well. 6'1 and 260. I think I'd look like the proverbial monkey and football.

Also, with a curb weight of 230 pounds I'd be afraid to leave it anywhere that's out of my sight. :wary:

I did the MSF as a refreshed before getting a street bike. Were delays after I took it the 1st time so why not. They had 2 groms and since I had experience I was going to gladly let anyone else utilize them for the course. No one wanted the Groms, so 6' 250# me got to rip around the MSF on one. Figure 8s sure were a doozy though I tell ya......:lol::lol:

I did the MSF as a refreshed before getting a street bike. Were delays after I took it the 1st time so why not. They had 2 groms and since I had experience I was going to gladly let anyone else utilize them for the course. No one wanted the Groms, so 6' 250# me got to rip around the MSF on one. Figure 8s sure were a doozy though I tell ya......:lol::lol:
Yeah. My knees are a serious impediment to sharp turns on anything that small.

I think there’s a little confusion about how small the monkey is. I have a 36” inseam and it feels reasonably comfortable to sit on.

Between the Monkey and the Grom, the big soft seat of the Monkey will win every time. Would I want to do an Ironbutt ride on it? No. But its a good looking mini bike and I have no problem riding mine all over the neighborhood.
It gets over 100 mpg, insurance is $140 per year, and its a blast to ride around on. No regrets on buying it.

Back