• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Trail 125/ CT125

Reaction score
Kudos to Honda for bringing this little gem to the US!

$3,899

honda-ct125-hunter-cub.jpg

Coming in November

I'll take mine with a 4 speed gearbox from the GROM/ Monkey, the wheels from the Super Cub 125 (with tubeless Michelin tires) and a low pipe. Ready for the Urban jungle!

For 3900, there are full sized options available from other manufacturers. But this is cool if you live in Paris and want to go to the local market to pick up a bread load and some cheese.

About the same prices as other small bikes like the TW200 and Super Cub but I wish it was $1K less. Now I need you all to go buy it and gently ride it for it to depreciate into my price range...

Exactly. I think I'll be in the market for a pair of them in about 5 or 6 years so plenty of time for them to depreciate and you to find one for yourself before I go on the hunt.

It's always been my plan to buy my girls a Trail 90 each but I'll take abs and disc brakes instead.

It’s cool and all but we didn’t pay much more for the 500f. 😳.
I know, nostalgia is priceless to some.
you will have to elaborate on that as I paid considerably more for my 500X

does it have dual range transmission?
does it have the snorkle intake and the engine sealed so it can be run completely under water?

I wish I had the x.
It’s a ‘16, no abs, and it was from a dealer in Missouri that was going out of business, included shipping to fw. We’ve had it a 2.5 years or so

I'll kindly stick with my '70 CT90. Honda still makes parts for it, and the ones they don't, I can always find good used parts.

"does it have dual range transmission?
does it have the snorkel intake and the engine sealed so it can be run completely under water?

Does this new one have those features?

"does it have dual range transmission?
does it have the snorkel intake and the engine sealed so it can be run completely under water?

Does this new one have those features?

Definitely no dual range transmission.

Isn't it one of those pressed hollow steel sheetmetal frames. Some old frames like that rusted from the inside out. I do like the looks.what is that black thing bolted to the swingarm?

Isn't it one of those pressed hollow steel sheetmetal frames. Some old frames like that rusted from the inside out. I do like the looks.what is that black thing bolted to the swingarm?
thats the rear set pegs for when you are in full tuck, you pull up your feet to the rear pegs for the best aerodynamics on high speed runs.

Hard to tell from the pic, but I'm thinking there may be a more conventional tubular frame of some kind under there. Looking closer that looks like bodywork over some kind of frame underneath...but maybe not. If I understand correctly this is mostly Grom based, and Honda just did a masterful effort at making it look like the classic 90/110. Pretty cool actually, but I agree...way too much money for my taste. This coming from a guy who just bought a new-in-stock 2017 Kawasaki Z650 for $4800...but I'm cheap that way.:mrgreen:

Odd, passenger pegs BUT no seat for the passenger? I know, I know, in some countries you could get a small family on the driver's seat but still...
There are "buddy" seats available for the CT90. It goes on the luggage rack. It's optional. I assume it would also fit the new one. Most just use it to supplement the seat.

There are "buddy" seats available for the CT90. It goes on the luggage rack. It's optional. I assume it would also fit the new one. Most just use it to supplement the seat.
Then if you have a passenger their legs go up and down with swing arm? No likey

Back