• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Indian FTR Updated with 17" Wheels!

Reaction score
Yay! Best possible update for this bike if you ask me. And it's a 2022 model!

17" wheels and revised ergonomics should make this bike the winner on the street it should be. I've been looking at Triumph real close lately but this might make me change my mind.

2022-FTR-S-MaroonMetallic.jpg

2022-Indian-FTR-base.jpg

This bike is on my shortlist at some date, with a lower seat height, it might rise higher. They are beautiful with a great engine.
It is good to see Indian refine their bikes.

Gorgeous bike. Someone in my neighborhood has one and he's constantly teasing me with it.

The more I look at it the more it resembles the Ducati Scrambler.

Sharp, I think it looks better than the Bronx but it would be neat to see them head to head.

17s are what they should've come with in the first place. Never rode a real flat tracker, so have zero affection for a roadbike styled like one. Understand they were salivating over the lucrative Scrambler pie. But they really didn't bake a whole lot of dirt DNA into the original design, regardless of what "heritage" the FTR was trying to pay homage.

Anyhoo... now that they got the wheels sorted, when is the sport touring version coming out. :duck:

It should certainly help the bike handle better and offer better tire choices, but I’m one of the people for whom a lower seat height is a bug rather than a feature. Even with that, if I was dropping that kind of money on a bike it’d probably be either be this or an 890 Adventure R.

I got to test ride one back in 2019 at a rally in Arkansas. I love the look of the bike, however, I was really disappointed in how the thing rode. The engine felt anemic. There did not seem to be much torque at all (now granted I was riding a BMW S1000XR at the time) and it seemed like I really had to push the throttle to get the bike to go. I hope the changes they made make a difference on the bike.

You are not going to ride very far with that miniature gas tank.

I purchased my RR last year...brought it back from the dealer with the advent of a rainstorm and didn't program anything. Was disappointed at 1st
until I put it into Sport mode....tries to pull my arms off through 1st and 3rd, front end in the air. My last two big bores were a 15 Yamaha R1 and
a 16 KTM 1290 GT...prefer the FTR ....for now.
I got to test ride one back in 2019 at a rally in Arkansas. I love the look of the bike, however, I was really disappointed in how the thing rode. The engine felt anemic. There did not seem to be much torque at all (now granted I was riding a BMW S1000XR at the time) and it seemed like I really had to push the throttle to get the bike to go. I hope the changes they made make a difference on the bike.

Last edited:
I purchased my RR last year...brought it back from the dealer with the advent of a rainstorm and didn't program anything. Was disappointed at 1st until
until I put it into Sport mode....tries to pull my arms off through 1st and 3rd, front end in the air. My last two big bores were a 15 Yamaha R1 and
a 16 KTM 1290 GT...prefer the FTR ....for now.
AH, maybe because it was a demo they did not have it in sport mode. Good point!

Back