• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is this a Texas Hill Country Road?

Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Drew
A friend sent this to me. I don't know where it is but it sure looks interesting. I don't think that you would want of all off. :eek2:

Attachments

• Next Trip-1.jpg
    Next Trip-1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 241
That sure looks like Guatemala to me, assuming that road goes straight up. I like that photo. Its the kind when looked at without context, kind of hard to tell what the subject is.

Looks like jungle to me. My first thought was South America. I don't think there are too many places in the Hill Country that are steep enough for those switchbacks.

Not the Texas Hill Country for sure.... Have lived in the Hill Country for 13 years and there's nothing out here like that. Or at least I haven't seen it.

I've seen that photo several times on ADVrider, one of the MC tour company web sites and somewhere else, can't remember. I believe it's in Central or South America, possibly the Yucatan of Mexico.

Now I'm curious, I'll see if I can find the photo again on the web.

Steve

There are some roads in the Arkansas Ozarks that feel like that road.

Have ridden that road a couple of times... Fantastic ride ! If the photo of Sinforosa Canyon were shot from a different angle, across the canyon, it'd look very similar to the photo in the first post.... Hmmmm, gotta figure out where that road is.

Steve

I'll bet this one is a lot closer...Sinforosa Canyon

3-29-08062.jpg

You are sooooo right, why didn't I recognize that ? Should've seen right away that there weren't 5 workers standing around watching the 6th shovel dirt..:trust: The TxDOT way of doing things..

Steve

Can't be in Texas, TxDOT contruction zone trying to strighten it isn't present!

Is this that road in……think it was Ecuador, that’s billed as the most dangerous road in the world? In addition to the section of switch backs, as your driving parts of it fall off down a BIG cliff.

Back