• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR650 Fork Seals

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
A Little Help Please

OK... I have a stock 2001 KLR650 that I am still getting aquainted with.

I need to replace a blown fork seal in preperation for an upcoming Big Bend trip with NUTT in a couple of weeks.

248124830_WwMto-M.jpg

I need a favor. Can one of you KLR owners please point me in the right direction for purchasing this seal on-line? A link to the correct seal for the stock fork would be most appreciated.

I checked out GILK51's OEM parts thread but I don't know what the most correct seal is to get. And when I am given and option on what size... well that just proves my ignorance. I have also checked KLR650.com but either I am overlinking "fork seals" or there not listed.

All my owners manual teaches me is.
Page 97 KLR OWNERS MANUAL said:
Front Fork Air Pressure should be set to ambient pressure

Thanks,
Duke

Texx & Bryan,

Thank you for posting up.

I was hoping to get something ordered today, and sometimes a link to that actual piece I am looking for works on my office internet. None of the links provied are permitted through my firewall though.

I will check them out when I get home.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers!

Back