• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lone Star, 2011

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Luckenbach
January 1st

Lone=Only.......Star=Texas. Not Mexico, not New Mexico, not Louisiana. Certainly not Oklahoma. This is my 2011 folder for moto and camera and Texas. Near and far. Familiar and odd. And January 1st is a good day to start and was a good day to ride. I hope this thread gets me out more and gets me clicking more. And on January 1st 2012, Lord willing, I'll be able to look back at another good year. Luckenbach is just about an hour away and is comfortable like an old shoe. Why not start there with a New Year's Day ride.

I wasn't going to ride today. I hosted a New Year's dinner at Casa Tricepilot last night. Braised beef and all that. The last guest left at 2 am. I was up at 6:15 and at Bike World on Broadway with my road bicycle, looking for Gravy (Mike). He said he would be there unless he was hung over. He wasn't there. Neither, it appeared, was 90% of America anywhere to be seen on the roads. Broadway was unusually deserted. I turned around and went home. On the way I remembered Big Jim's mass email that said the local BMW club was meeting for the annual New Year's photo in Luckenbach. Saturday saved

1143706736_RPyWz-L.jpg

Old Hondo:

1143706418_dWhRC-L.jpg

New Hondo: (actually, that's Big Jim)

1143706175_2UvRn-L.jpg

1143708854_sDV2W-L.jpg

1143710266_z2Y7z-L.jpg

What a brilliant idea.... Chronicle your Tejas travels in a single thread. Looks like you have a nice start.

.........oh, and that D700 looks like it's working out for you. Amazing clarity/colors out of that body/lens combination. :clap:

And SUBSCRIBED too.

What a brilliant idea.... Chronicle your Tejas travels in a single thread. Looks like you have a nice start.

.........oh, and that D700 looks like it's working out for you. Amazing clarity/colors out of that body/lens combination. :clap:

The thread was born out of a personal committment to do a ton more riding and photographing this year, and give me something to look back on at the end of it. Hopefully, I'll be able to see some improvement along with the enjoyment

And I just ordered the two photography related books that Richard recommended here

Your related to Natchflug aren't you? :lol2: {Subscribed}.

...... I do like most Nacht's pics.

Scott (Flug) and I have chatted via PM over on ADV about his motocross photography and the equipment he uses. He was in San Antonio a few months ago, holding court at the Blue Star Brewery.

I sure do like that picture!

1143707752_gToMy-L.jpg

For the record, the sign itself was washed out from weather, not the photo.

There was a similar event at "North Luckenbach" also known as Loco Coyote. We were a bit on the cold side however still had a good showing!

You need to take that KLR to the Around the Bend event next month. It's too pretty sitting there in your avater :sun:

Back