• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Magellan MapSend DirectRoute help needed

Reaction score
First Name
James
I am trying to use the Magellan DirectRoute software to create a custom route from Austin to central Louisiana. So far all I can find is how to set the start and finish point and the software automatically routes along the highways (US290, I-10, US 165).

I know from experience that I can cut across the state(s) (Bryan, Huntsville, Leesville) in fewer miles and about the same amount of time. I have worked-around this in the past by constantly re-routing my GPS to the next major town. This presents several problems: constantly fiddling with my unit, no overall "miles to go" display, and I risk missing turns in towns where I am busy trying to "trick" the unit by inputting the next town.

Any help out there? I've looked at all the pull down menus. I've tried dragging the path where I wanted it to go. Any other suggestions?

I just noticed that Microsoft Streets and Trips software routes me through Dallas using the same exact start and end addresses. :eek2:

Back