• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run VII: It's Hip(po) to have Pie in Hutto, 7/30

Liam

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Had a great time on my first run... I met some new friends and ran into a couple of old friends from up north... Look forward to my next run!

Last edited:
loved the food. the catfish was the best i have had in a long time.
on the way home my son and i felt like we should take the long way home. well found the san gabrel river. so i wanted to get a closer look. well i got to close. me and the bike both went in side ways. were both ok but man that water stank.
we had a good time this morning,
ps the pie was also good.
see ya'll next time
Edwin

It was good see friendly faces and meet some new folks.

The early bird may get a choice of seats, but chances are those seats will be outside if the restaurant hasn't opened yet.
PrePie.jpg

My vote for most unexpected. I didn't get to talk Hinkley with the owner. Maybe next time.
SideCar.jpg

How often do you mumble under your breath "that brings back memories" and have several people agree. My vote for the best vintage.
Yamaha.jpg

Some of the day's bikes
Bikes1.jpg

More of the day's bikes
Bikes2.jpg

Catching a breath before the ride home
PostPie.jpg

Saw a lot of Orange on this trip. Another fun ride.

Last edited:
Had a great time, made some new friends and saw some old ones!! My wife was amazed how welcome everyone made her feel (and the kids), think she might start becoming a regular on some of the DS rides after this pie run!! Hope to see you all in the dirt, once it cools down a bit..

Gary

Great to see such a good turn out on a Hot Texas Day. Enjoyed seeing everyone. Our trip started at 7:30 as we left the Kyle area. Took the scenic route thru Buda, Litton Springs, Rockney, West of Bastrop, Elgin, New Sweden and ended up in Hutto about 10:30. Lets see, that's north east, south east, north, north west, north then west. We took the long road. Great temps this morning. Nice small winding roads, a little gravel, to get to pie.

Just a few pictures of the bikes. Hope I got everybody's.
Hutto_Pie_Run_Bike_1.jpg

Hutto_Pie_Run_Bike_2.jpg

Hutto_Pie_Run_Bike_3.jpg

Here's another picture of the vintage iron.
Hutto_Pie_Run_Bike_4.jpg

Hutto_Pie_Run_Bike_5.jpg

Here is Mine & Mrs. C's bikes. Note they went straight for the gravel.
Hutto_Pie_Run_Bike_6.jpg

And here is the star attraction. Mmmm Pie.
Hutto_Pie_Run_7.jpg

Mrs. C's Pie, Chocolate Covered Cherry. Mmmmm More Pie.
Hutto_Pie_Run_8.jpg

So it was a Hot ride home, but it didn't matter 'cause we were fueled by pie. Arrival at the house was 3:04 pm. Always glad to spend some time with fellow TWT'ers.
S&S

Had a great time meeting some new friends today. This was my first Pie Run; it won't be my last! I ate lunch with Dano from Dallas, Bob from Austin and Bill from (I think) the Big Bend country--I enjoyed the visit, gents!

rt

Long ride, good times, and GREAT company! Oh yea, the Coconut Cream pie was awesome!!! 439 miles round trip!!! Man was ever HOT coming home! Hope to see you fellers next month!:rider::eat::rider:, Repeat as needed!

Big A, Rick M, Clark, Curtis and I enjoyed a cool ride down this morning-only 84* or so-through New Corn Hill and the San Gabriel river. Great food and camaraderie!
P7300026.jpg
P7300021.jpg
P7300028.jpg
P7300044.jpg
P7300046.jpg
P7300042.jpg

Had a great ride and wonderful meal today.

My 24 hour old Tenere gets its 600 mile Service in the morning! :thumb:

How did I miss a new Tenere?

shame shame, the very first Super Ten to make a pie run appearance and you missed it!:eek2:

7:45 this morning
dc2038c7.jpg

mmmm peanut butter pie with peanuts, and a layer of chocolate on the bottom.

1b3e5d25.jpg

22 pie runs in a row!!

Last edited:
It was great seein all the familiar faces today.....& meetin some new folks too. (nice 78 DT175 DBL) The roads down this morn with Phil n Bob were enhanced with a stop at Green's Sausage House in Zabzickville (& a sackfull of goodies to take home....although some never made it!!). Excellent eatin place (Texan Cafe) with some awsome pie selections.....hmmmm which one??? Bob stayed to camp tonight with some other folks....Phil (Liteitup) & I picked our way back north on some more of the area's great CR's (yep... home at 4PM again) which means........IT'S ALL GOOD

Looks like a wonderful time - great pics! Almost like being there :-)

Where was everyone????

Oh.... That was us that was late.... At least they didn't run out of pie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312086349.833141.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312086349.833141.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 194
Looks like delicious fun--sad I didn't make it!

My bike was forkless, sorry I missed it, spent the day chasing parts and got her up and running at 11:00 last night.

Back