• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Now Austin NO LONGER A TRIUMPH DEALER!

Reaction score
Austin is now without a Triumph dealer! Not sure what happened - whom dropped whom but I am going to miss browsing the beautiful Triumphs there.
There is a dealer in Temple (Bell County Motoworks) and one in San Antonio (CYX Motoworks) but I don’t know anything about their service departments or inventory/accessories etc.
Would love to hear from others that may have recent Triumph experience from the other two dealers.

Hard to sell Triumphs when they get that pricey. Who in their right mind would buy a 1200 Explorer these days? Ride now has some issues as well, and not just in Austin... there is going to be opportunity for a good independent shop soon.

Austin is now without a Triumph dealer! Not sure what happened - whom dropped whom but I am going to miss browsing the beautiful Triumphs there.
There is a dealer in Temple (Bell County Motoworks) and one in San Antonio (CYX Motoworks) but I don’t know anything about their service departments or inventory/accessories etc.
Would love to hear from others that may have recent Triumph experience from the other two dealers.
Hopefully, Kent PowerSports will pick up the Triumph marque....

Hard to sell Triumphs when they get that pricey. Who in their right mind would buy a 1200 Explorer these days? Ride now has some issues as well, and not just in Austin... there is going to be opportunity for a good independent shop soon.

Central Texas Powersports was on the decline, IMO, before Steve cashed out to RideNow, and I can’t imagine the service got better. Makes my decision to invest in a table lift a few years back all the wiser.

I just got my kawi mule back from ride now Georgetown after the second trip. Lets just say it cost 2x what it should have and ill never erer go back unless i have something i cant fix or diagnose. You walk through the door and its $90 to tell you what you told them, and brought parts in to replace. Then they break stuff and blame it on you. So done....

Ive also had an experience at the Georgetown location that wasnt like listening to Hendrix..... Definately left bad vibes with me. Involved work supposedly done on a used Super Tenere before my purchase.

Bell county did my kickstand recall not long ago...& ordered some parts for me.....alls good for me
I can't say enough good about Bell County Motorworks...distance is the one problem being 144 miles one way from me. But I bought a Triumph from them at a great price and no games were played. UNLIKE All the other Triumph dealers that were closer (specifically CTX motorwerks and the now defunct Austin location). Kent Powersports is not run very well IMO, I wouldn't want to trust them with my machines. I'm surprised Woods NB hasn't picked up the Triumph marque to round out their Indian/Royal Enfields "side".

I agree...but if you can get it for $8k off MSRP, NEW, why not? Problem is try to find a 2024 Tiger 1200 in North America. I'm wondering if there will be any 2025's at this rate as well.

I love triumphs. Very reliable. Prefer their 800-900 tigers, but 1200"s are sweet too. Just gotta have support from a dealer when needed.

I love triumphs. Very reliable. Prefer their 800-900 tigers, but 1200"s are sweet too. Just gotta have support from a dealer when needed.
Yes I loved my 900, but the 1200 suits my "mission" better at this time. Less offroading, basically I feel it's a Sport tourer on high heels :trust: I would LOVE to see half a dozen MORE Triumph dealers all over Central Texas.

The only thing I've had Bell Cnty do for me is mount tires; for that no complaints. Their service dept has never seemed too busy, at least when I've been there.

Too bad about RIdeNow ditching Triumph. They seemed to have a decent collection on the floor most of the time. I wonder what brands are gonna fill that floor space?

Yup, all RN locations dropped Triumph April 1st. I was looking at picking up a ST3RS mid March. They didn't seem like they really wanted to sell one, and then they told me they had dropped the brand.

Being in Houston, RN Austin was the closest Triumph dealer that was willing to negotiate on the bike price to some degree, and follow through with all after sales, titling, etc.

Yup, all RN locations dropped Triumph April 1st. I was looking at picking up a ST3RS mid March. They didn't seem like they really wanted to sell one, and then they told me they had dropped the brand.

Being in Houston, RN Austin was the closest Triumph dealer that was willing to negotiate on the bike price to some degree, and follow through with all after sales, titling, etc.
Bizarre really...dropping a brand...wish I could be a fly on the wall in Atlanta NA HQ to find out why.

On the Northside of Houston the BMW dealership in the Woodlands sells Triumph. Makes me wonder how they plan on marketing and selling the new Triumph motorcross bikes when these dealerships really do not currently cater to the smaller bike, motorcross community?

Seems like the same situation BMW had when they came out with the G450X. They'll probably just stick them next to the Tigers.

On the Northside of Houston the BMW dealership in the Woodlands sells Triumph. Makes me wonder how they plan on marketing and selling the new Triumph motorcross bikes when these dealerships really do not currently cater to the smaller bike, motorcross community?
That's a fair question, kinda like the Pan American at Harley dealers. Muti-line shops will probably do ok, ones like the Woodlands maybe not so well.

If you want one, you will find it. People actually buy bikes based paid web reviews I'm afraid. My son just rented a triumph 400 scrambler in Brazil and loves it.

Back