• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SA BMW club's Hill Country Hangout 4-2024 pictures

dannyboy

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Finch
Boulder Ed, his friend Sal from Phoenix and me, went to Kerrville to attend the San Antonio BMW club Hill Country Hangout.
You did not have to have a BMW to attend, ride and have a great time. Left to right Dan, Sal & Ed.

4.jpg

The campground had this great screened in area they cooked some great food for us in.
2.jpg

3.jpg

They test tires for the tire companies out on these twisty back asphalt roads.
There were 6 VWs and if you look closely you will see numbers all over the tires and a barcode on the fender above each tire.
I talked to the gals driving and they said they were working for Continetal tire and drove 10 1/2 hours each day on a set route.
They log between 450 and 515 miles.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 31
Ed already posted up about the crash we went by.
5.jpg

They had numerous drawings for good gear and Sal won this jacket.
6.jpg

On our last day of riding I had a flat tire on the back about an hour away from camp.
Ed and Sal rode back to camp and brought my Tahoe and trailer back to the bike and we loaded it up.

9.jpg

Back