• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Searching for Husqvarna and KTM dual sports

xaman

Reaction score
Husqvarna TE630 (or 610), KTM 690

Hi all,

I'm trying to locate one of the above said bikes, preferably in supermoto. I've been searching endless dealer sites, etc, but wasting hours and not having any luck whatsoever. Has anyone seen any of these models on a showroom floor? I travel the state quite a bit, primarily Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, so I could easily plan a trip to get a closer look and hopefully a ride on one.

Any leads?

Mods, if this is posted in the wrong place, please move it with my apologies.

North Texas House of Motorcycles does have a 510, but the sales guy had never heard of a 630 (or 610 for that matter). Too bad, cause they do offer test rides for serious lookers, AND I will be in Hurst next weekend.

If finding a Husky is so hard, getting it serviced may be a challenge as well...

Thanks for the lead on SilverBullet.

:tab Shoot Rsquared a PM. He has a Husky that he's not riding as much as he thought he might and was talking about selling it. I know it has LOW miles and he takes very good care of his bikes. He's in Tomball.

Check SMSracing.net. It's a dealership in Denton (not too far north of Dallas). The website shows they have a 2009 690 Enduro R for $8500. It's not in supermoto form, but that can always be corrected.

I was looking for a Husky 610 for a while. There's a place called Napalm Motorsports in north Austin off FM620 that is a Husqvarna dealer. They had a 630 there. Talk to Seth. He's their Husky guy and can answer just about any question about them.

Off Lamar, there's a KTM dealer called TJ's Cycles. They had a lot of orange bikes in there the few times i've been in there. Prolly have a 690 around.

I also found that i'd most often find used SupeMotos for sale on SuperMotoJunkie.com. CL and eBay hasn't been so good the last few months.

North Texas House of Motorcycles does have a 510, but the sales guy had never heard of a 630 (or 610 for that matter). Too bad, cause they do offer test rides for serious lookers, AND I will be in Hurst next weekend.

If finding a Husky is so hard, getting it serviced may be a challenge as well...

Thanks for the lead on SilverBullet.

The North Tx House of MC's is new to Huskys so they'll only have the new versions. The 511 is the biggest for 2012 until 650 Concept models come out.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/11/08/husqvarna-moab-concept/

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/01/20/husqvarna-concept-baja-first-look/

Looks like you'll have to go to the used market. Let someone else take the depreciation hit! :trust:

Thanks all, I'm following up on all these leads.

I certainly don't mind going used, I just thought a dealer might be the better route for a closer look and potential test ride. I need to drop my two bike stable (Buell Ulysses XB12X and Yamaha WR250X) down to a one bike stable, and these are the two that seem like possibilities. I'm searching :)

Back