• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

*SOLD* - 2004 KTM 525 EXC - 77.5 hrs.

Reaction score
This bike is a low hour example of an absolute beast of a motorcycle.

I haven't owned it long, but just don't have the time to ride it, and it deserves more than sitting in my garage.

I am the second owner, and I bought it with 73 hours on it.

Its got Tubliss inserts and a Scott's steering damper mount.

A new Tusk gummy tire goes with the bike.

Lifepo battery, new air filter.

Everything else is stock. Runs great and really strong.

Bike is in West Austin.

Asking 3300.00 OBO

Call Jason @ 5one2- 6Four7-02ninenine

Cheers!

f4d04e091a76e58532468dfadcb0fc38.jpg
55fc2e27676f663196dd3cb33b53abd7.jpg
a5aa52d7384e3d0d9dbf7b350f4c5cc0.jpg
9d0a94c2a90183670a7ffbdcf2cc0726.jpg
3e75ea903e29d89a370578c455e147eb.jpg

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Looking back my '05 450 did everything my '18 350 does. Don't remember why I sold it. It was super reliable , light, powerful and comfortable (for a dirt bike) .
This will be a great bike for someone that wants to ride everything (no country touring of course) with one bike.

I would say GLWS but on this one its Who is going to be the lucky one to own it.

title? in your name?

Assuming this is still around, I can believe it’s being ignored. I’ve got an 07 525 and it continues to amaze me. Great bike at a great price.

Assuming this is still around, I can believe it’s being ignored. I’ve got an 07 525 and it continues to amaze me. Great bike at a great price.
Still available. [emoji1745]

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Any of the street equipment still available?

It says quite a bit as a community that this bike hasn't sold here.
I guess most of us have been on the forum for a while and have the bikes we want and know what type of riding we individually like.
The 690, 790, T700, GS get picked up. Anything over 5 years old seems to sit from what I've witnessed.

If you are on the fence about it, go get it. 77 hrs is nothing . I think I had 250 on mine and it still ran great. Checked the valves once, didn't need anything.

Can you tell I miss it ?

I guess most of us have been on the forum for a while and have the bikes we want and know what type of riding we individually like.
The 690, 790, T700, GS get picked up. Anything over 5 years old seems to sit from what I've witnessed.

If you are on the fence about it, go get it. 77 hrs is nothing . I think I had 250 on mine and it still ran great. Checked the valves once, didn't need anything.

Can you tell I miss it ?
x2 Timing sucks. I picked up a new street bike 6 days before this one hit the market. Otherwise it wouldve been a done deal. I would need to sell the DRZ to avoid dying in my sleep, because I couldnt justify keeping it and getting a exc. Just dont have the cash available with the down pmt I just dropped.

Can you tell I miss it ?
I want it, I just know I won't use it to potential. KLR is crummy off-road, but I know I don't have the level of commitment to need better off-road.

I want it. But I haven't even really ridden my DRZ at all so it would be kind of a silly purchase to buy it so it can sit next to the DRZ in the garage, or even worse, replace the DRZ as a dust collector. I need to get out more.

I want it, I just know I won't use it to potential. KLR is crummy off-road, but I know I don't have the level of commitment to need better off-road.

I want it. But I haven't even really ridden my DRZ at all so it would be kind of a silly purchase to buy it so it can sit next to the DRZ in the garage, or even worse, replace the DRZ as a dust collector. I need to get out more.

Sometimes it takes that new improved bike to motivate you to get out more and up your riding skills.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

This is a whole other level of a drz. Twice the power, better suspension, 100 pounds lighter. There is a reason you don't ride the DRZ. Drink the kool-aid

This is a whole other level of a drz. Twice the power, better suspension, 100 pounds lighter. There is a reason you don't ride the DRZ. Drink the kool-aid
What that guy said! My last dirt bike/dual sport was an xr400 that had suspension built specifically for me, hot pipe, and a pumper carb that made it a single kick wonder. Absolutely competent and fun, and much preferable to my buddys drz, in my opinion. Then I picked up the 525. Whoa Nellie. It’s so much better that it’s not even funny.

I started enduro racing this season after never really considering it prior to having the angry pumpkin BECAUSE it’s such a versatile bike (yes, I suck, and I spend half the race being passed. Doesn’t matter, I’m having a BLAST). It makes me want to ride more and improve my skills to do the bike justice.

Wanna relight the dual sport fire? Drink the kool aid.

Anyone have any idea how difficult it would be to plate it?
It’s not difficult. I plated an xr400 a couple years ago. Get insurance, add dual sport kit, get it inspected, apply for new title. It’s just leg work.

You should buy this and sell me your drz!
Believe me, this type of thought has crossed my mind. There's a WTB specifically for an E model in this forum. I've put so much work into "Essing" it though that I just want to ride it and not swap it for something else that I have to attach more street stuff to. Hopefully JT grabs this bike so it stops tempting me.

Back