• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**SOLD** 2005 Honda CRF80

CBaron

Reaction score
I'm putting my son's former bike up for sale. He's long since moved on and we had been keeping this as a "buddy bike" of sorts. But it rarely ever got used. I pulled it out this weekend and disassembled the carb for a cleaning. However, I can't get it adjusted properly. It will start and run and you can drive it around, but it won't idle properly. Thus I'm offering this up a bit lower than planned. If you've got more patience (and time) than myself then here's your chance to get a solid reliable trail bike at a good price.

$650
The bike doesn't have a title. I am located in North Austin not far from the Domain

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments.

Thanks
Cody
512-6nine4-one3one9
call or text

Last edited:
Sent you a text. My neighbor (smaller stature guy) is looking for a bike to putt around on with his son. He recently bought the boy a CRF70.

Edit: he bought a cruiser last weekend and said the boss would say no way :)

Last edited:
I have the XR80R version of this bike. The carb is finicky. It runs great if you keep it moving, but it doesn't like to idle because it floods. I've tried cleaning the carb several times with LOTS of carb spray cleaner and ultrasonic baths. I've tried adjusting the float, but I don't think that is the issue. I can't see any problem with the tip of the float needle or anything that might keep it from seating and making a seal. But it floods quickly once the revs drop. I've read of folks just pulling the carbs and ordering new ones relatively cheap. I just don't ride the bike often enough to have it be a priority for me. That said, it really is a fun bike!

Yeah, it ran great during the 3 years that it was used as my son's primary bike. Then it essentially sat for about 1.5 yrs. Now after the carb cleaning, its exhibiting some of the symptoms that you are mentioning. If you keep the revs up its rideable, but once it drops down to idle speed it will shut off.

Rsquared said his son's 70 had that problem as well. Took a week of soaking in acetone to get the pilot to come clean, but then it ran fine. I may have to try that.

Back