• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[SOLD] 2005 KTM 640 Adventrue

Reaction score
2005 ktm 640 adventure
  • Miles approximate 50k
  • fairly good service records
  • High fender conversion
  • HID light Conversion
  • 360mm single front disk conversion
  • recently new wheel and head bearings replaced.
  • fairly recent suspension service.
  • clutch slave rebuild.
  • Tires tread: 70% front 50% rear
  • New bark busters,
  • recent waterpump rebuild
  • replaced rear brake caliper and service

I'm prepping the bike for it's next adventure and fixing anything else that I see needs attention.
Current on the list that I'll be replacing
  • front brake line, fluid and pads
  • cam bearings (this preventative maintenance as advised by Creeper on ADVrider)
  • carb cleaning inspection and replace worn parts as needed
  • new air filter.
  • battery

Canadian Title and plates good till June 2015. you will have to do the paperwork to convert to texas title.

attachment.jpg

some scratches from normal adventure riding so it's not show room perfect but clean clean for it's age.

comes givi top case and with pannier racks and pelican 1440 cases

Price = best offer
or
interested in trade of KTM 525,530,450 or even a 350 xc-w or exc. clean drz 400 or 2012 + yamaha wr450f ??? trade up or down -/+ cash

Located in Spicewood Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 598
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2005 KTM 640 Adventrue

I haven't sold a bike cross border. But importing my vehicles was a bit of a pain. It actually might be easier to do it as a cross border sale depending on how the paperwork was done when it was brought down. Just be prepared for some run around.

Just curious about that KTM, there was a Canadian who came my way in Mexico a couple of years ago on a 640. He decided to leave the bike with his son(?) in Corpus Christi to sell, then he and his wife flew back to Canada. The ad went up in one day and then down. Wonder if that is the same KTM?

There's just a few extra hoops to jump through. By no means end of the world. I've done a couple bikes and cars. Just be cognizant there will be some paper issues.

Just curious about that KTM, there was a Canadian who came my way in Mexico a couple of years ago on a 640. He decided to leave the bike with his son(?) in Corpus Christi to sell, then he and his wife flew back to Canada. The ad went up in one day and then down. Wonder if that is the same KTM?

I'm pretty sure it is. I remember seeing to on ADV

That's where the paperwork comes in. When I had mine filled out the border ticked one box, the local office (I had to present it) ticked the other. The county clerk then didn't know what to do. So while I paid not as heavily!

It is no worse than an untitled offroad to titled or when the title was a couple owners ago.

Just be aware what paper you have and what you need. I always wanted one of them. If I was DRZ less I'd jump on it. Regardless of what province it came from I have "contacts", prolly the only benefit of being an expat!

I imported 3 Suzuki's when I moved. The Grand Vitara, DRZ, and Gamma.

sorry guys... I thought I had notifications coming via email.. but I didnt' get any this week.
didn't know I had responses until my buddy pinged me .

Been in negotiations with three parties. two trades and a cash offer.

Making a trade for a 2011 Husky TXC 449 with 15 hours on the clock on Monday..

so I'd consider it gone..

Back