• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

***SOLD*** 2007 Honda CRF250X, Low Low Hours/Miles, Street Legal

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
***SOLD***

Posting for my neighbor JJ. He had ACL replacement, and won't be riding any more. Listing his three street legal dual sports (CRF450X, CRF250X, KTM400EXC) for him.

This is his 2007 Honda CRF250X. He bought it from a guy that had it for his wife. She broke her leg and after only a few rides. JJ bought it for his son, who promptly put all white new plastics and graphics on it, and recovered the seat black, plus added some bling. Original plastics and seat cover included, and are mint, as well as a box of take offs etc. Near mint condition with really low run time on it. Street legal with a clean clear Texas street title in hand. Bike will need a new battery at some point. Starts with the kick start easily. Has electric AND kick start. Really nice bike. His son literally rode it 3 times, and then got a truck. You know how that goes... bike is lonely.

Asking $3,200

250x_01.jpg

250x_02.jpg

250x_03.jpg

250x_04.jpg

250x_05.jpg

250x_06.jpg

250x_07.jpg

250x_08.jpg

250x_09.jpg

250x_10.jpg

250x_11.jpg

250x_12.jpg

250x_13.jpg

250x_14.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2007 Honda CRF250X, Low Low Hours/Miles, Street Legal

I'm guessing he somehow converted the stock headlight nacelle to use a dual beam light?

I'm guessing he somehow converted the stock headlight nacelle to use a dual beam light?

FWIW, If I recall correctly, you do not need a hi/lo on a 250cc and under to pass inspection. Nice this one has it taken care of though.

Great looking bike.

Yessir, just like I did on my 450x.

Would someone be kind enough to let me know what you did? I have 3 CRF450X's and a CRF250X which I would like to modify and use the standard headlight!! I have LED driving lights for night time riding.. Headlight is just to be legal.

Gary

Hey Gary - I can't recall exactly, so resorted to the web searches I did previous. Here are a couple of blurbs, and a link that should help...

The pigtail from the headlight has 3 wires, 2 positive (white & blue) & 1 ground (green). The main harness has only 2 wires entering the connection for the headlight, 1 positive (blue) & 1 ground (green), this only allows single beam operation. Locate the blue wire on the main harness near the connector for the headlight,then cut the blue wire approx 1" before the connector. The blue wire on the main harness will then be the power supply to a handlebar switch that can control high/low beam. The switch will have 2 wires with positive power that will be wired to the existing white and blue headlight wires allowing high/low beam operation.

It should be Green is Ground , White is Low Beam and Blue is Hi Beam
If not then swap the Blue and White , as i cant remember which one is Low and Hi
That should be all you need is to cut the Blue and White as they are tied together , and run the bike with one hooked up then the other to see what color is low or hi , then wire to the switch accordingly

I just wired up my headlight for high and low this week. The blue wire feeds power to your stock headlight on the low beam circuit. The green wire is the ground wire. The white wire that is not hooked up is the high beam wire.

I ran the blue power wire going into the headlight assembly up to the main power wire on my dual sport switch (K&S), then ran the high beam wire out of the switch to the white wire on the headlight, and the low beam wire out of the switch to the blue wire on the headlight. Lights only come on when the bike is running when wired this way.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/644809-05-crf450x-headlight-assy/

Thanks Fiddy, I thought the headlight had a single filament bulb, so that needed changing, if it's a dual filament bulb then the conversion is easy. I will have to look at my Honda headlamp. Don't want to hijack this thread, so will stop here..

Gary

Gary, I don't really recall it. But I think the standard bulb was single filament. If it were dual filament, I'd have simply slapped in another bulb instead of ordering a Baja Designs setup, saving nearly 400 bucks. Of course the bulb base would have been different too.

Also, I don't know that the OEM poycarbonate lens will not melt under a much hotter dual filament bulb. The BD kit, IIRC, was a glass lens and could stand a 90/100.

As I said, my memory is fuzzy on this.

FWIW, If I recall correctly, you do not need a hi/lo on a 250cc and under to pass inspection. Nice this one has it taken care of though.

Great looking bike.

I thought you needed a hi/lo on any street legal vehicle, regardless of size. Once again, I would've saved my 400 smackers if this were true.

BTW, the stock AC/DC system barely has enough juice to keep the battery charged, much less power a larger bulb. I always unplugged the headlight for the woods.

I thought you needed a hi/lo on any street legal vehicle, regardless of size. Once again, I would've saved my 400 smackers if this were true.

I am not trying to threadjack, so please see this as a free bump :trust:...but I wanted to share the information regarding this as it comes up from time to time.

It is true...or it was true, you may want to confirm in case it has changed. When I had my CRF230 inspected recently, I asked again and the inspector confirmed it for me verbally as well.

I had to go back and look for an older thread, but found my original post regarding a DRZ250 for sale. I used to have a street legal DRZ250.

Here it is. It is related to the definition of a "motor-driven cycle". I am not sure if the links are still active or not.

It's what I was told by a mechanic at the Suzuki shop in Harlingen, TX. Passed inspection without hi/low after that in Houston multiple times and the inspector confirmed it. It was back around 2006 though, so no idea now.

Edit: I found this...(10) "Motor-driven cycle" means a motorcycle equipped with a motor that has an engine piston displacement of 250 cubic centimeters or less. The term does not include an electric bicycle.

located here... http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...41.htm#541.201

Might have something to do with it...I'll keep looking.

Edit #2. from here... http://info.sos.state.tx.us/pls/pub/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=37&pt=1&ch=15&rl=54

link may not work, but this was the header

Texas Administrative Code

Next Rule>>
TITLE 37 PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONS
PART 1 TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
CHAPTER 15 DRIVER LICENSE RULES
SUBCHAPTER C EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
RULE §15.54 Vehicle Inspection

(G) Motor-driven cycles and motorcycles. Equipment inspected on motor-driven cycles and motorcycles includes the following:
(i) horn;
(ii) rearview mirror;
(iii) one tail lamp;
(iv) one stop lamp;
(v) one rear red reflector;
(vi) head lamp--multiple beam for motorcycle and single or multiple beam for motor-driven cycle;
(vii) exhaust system;
(viii) vehicle inspection certificate;
(ix) registration.

Last edited:

lots of interest on this one from CL at higher price, but no one to come see it yet. still for sale.

I want to buy the white Honda

sold to a craigslister....

Back