• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[SOLD] 25th Anniversary VFR 800 [SOLD]

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 2007 Honda VFR 800. It's the 25th Anniversary model with the Red / White / Blue paint, factory ABS option, and factory color-matched hard locking luggage. The luggage was made for Honda by Givi, and it comes off with a key in a couple seconds. I have both factory ignition keys, extra luggage keys, and a complete extra matching new lock cylinder if you decide to add a top case. Factory printed owner's manual is in a ziplock under the seat, and I have the service manual on PDF.

Mileage is currently 15,458. I'm the third owner. We're all middle-aged professionals in TX. First owner bought it new in 2009 and put 11,000 miles on it. Second owner put 900 miles on it, then bought a Jeep. I've had it since 11,900. Sits on a battery tender in the garage.

I installed a Speigler handlebar conversion and new Motion Pro extended throttle cables. The foot pegs are lowered with machined aluminum BLS adapter blocks. I also installed a Puig touring windscreen that is about two inches taller than stock. These mods ($711.72 in parts) make the bike a lot more comfortable, but still sporty. If you don't like it, the stock parts are included. It also comes with an extra OEM oil filter and an additional (lowered, stock) seat.

Paint and panels are excellent. There are a couple of 2 mm paint chips. One tire is new and the other has lots of life left. Rear pads are nearly new. The chain has some surface rust on it. I got caught in the rain on a ride and discovered that the Teflon chain lube didn't really protect against rust. You should think about putting on a new chain before long.

Valves are due at 16,000 if you decide to worry about it. There are lots of threads out there about whether the first (or second, or third...) VTEC valve adjustment is worth doing. I got a quote from an good independent professional mechanic here to do it for $300 (yes - verified with him twice) if you want to pursue it. If it doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time, I'll have him do it and adjust the sale price upward. Here's the detailed service history since I got the bike. The original owner (a TWTer) and I talked on the phone. He says he did regular maintenance and de-smogged it, but I don't have any of his receipts. Before I purchased the bike, I looked carefully at it, and its appearance matched what I had been told. A VIN check returned no damage history. After I bought it, I took the panels off, and the bike was immaculate. Feel free to come and take a close look at it.

When you're comparing prices, please keep in mind a few things. This is a 25th Anniversary model, and they aren't making any more of those. Factory ABS was a $1000 option, and the bags were another $1000.

Bike is in Pflugerville, TX. Clean and clear title in hand. Inspection and tags are current. $6000 cash, firm.

The license plate does not come with this bike, sorry. You will need to get a transfer permit or temporary plates. If you're local, I will deliver it to the tax office and you can transfer it and get plates right there.

e4yvy8un.jpg

New pics taken 16 August:
14950398111_99640ef073_b.jpg

14766828889_f937053409_b.jpg

14766963397_f34d335134_b.jpg

14953152522_0826507bdc_b.jpg

14930503436_3933fa567c_b.jpg

14766839120_4cbe5eaf7e_b.jpg

14930514356_a2c4ed09d4_b.jpg

14766830639_228c2a7608_b.jpg

14766882558_0518267b30_b.jpg

14953510145_012480dbf6_b.jpg

14950398921_f89e6b32cd_b.jpg

14766954867_fe3e4bc7ef_b.jpg

Garmin mount not included.

Thanks,
Robb
762-233-3313

Last edited:
Re: 25th Anniversary VFR 800

Is this the bike I saw at the meetngreet in Gatesville?

What will it be replaced with ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFxmAdyKcg"]Judge Smails "Well, We're waiting" - YouTube[/ame]

:rofl:

Last edited:

Don't sell it till we shoot it.:giveup:
Tom

I've ridden this bike during a pie run this year. It rides great and it is very nimble. It is in excellent condition. I hope it sells quickly.

:clap:

RB

I'll third the hope that is sells quickly. I have liked this since I first saw it at Ken's at lunch one Thursday.

i wish i had the money...

i might save that pic for a screen saver. got any more so i can drool on my keyboard some more?

25th Anniversary VFR 800

Grrrrrrr. Fence. Wedding. Med school . Water Well . Where is the bike money? Huh? Where?

Last edited:
25th Anniversary VFR 800

That Speigler kit wasn't cheap. I put one on a S3 Duc. Sure made a difference for an oldguy.

I keep staring at this thing. Never a good sign.

Last edited:

I have the exact same bike, #59. I can't imagine parting with it because it's the perfect combination. The Speigler kit has to make it even better than the Heli bars I have on mine. I actually like the Vtec becuase it reminds me of the secondaries kicking in on a 4bbl carb. Good luck with the sale

Robb is the equivalent to Felix Unger. Everything he has is super clean. You won't find a cleaner VFR anywhere. Very well taken care of.

If anyone would like a screen saver/wallpaper of a bike let me know and I can shoot it (photograph). Would like to shoot Robb's bike. Would like to shoot Robb with his bike. I'm going to find Robb and shoot him for selling this bike.

Also one of my top 3, they're gorgeous.

Is a 575 lb Super Tenere next? Keep the garage all Yamaha?

Dear Honda,

For the love of God, why can't you make gorgeous bikes like that anymore?

I'll ride it to Ken's for lunch tomorrow (Thursday), if anyone wants to have a look at it.

Back