• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD - '74 Honda CB350-Four

Kilroy

Reaction score
Up for sale is my beloved CB350-Four. The smallest inline four Honda ever made. Technically, it’s the smaller engine version of the CB400. Mostly original, the only replacements are quality of life upgrades such as better rear suspension, upgraded brake lines, electronic ignition, repaired speedometer faces, and a headlight that actually produces light (the factory sealed beams don’t do much). I have the original points plate and headlight if you want them. Gas tank has no rust, but paint isn’t perfect, has a couple of scrapes. Has a 1974 vintage plate in like-new condition too.

Carburetors recently completely rebuilt with genuine jets, electrical system has been worked through from back to front. Comes with a shop manual, extra body parts, a couple of handlebars, a clear title, and a basically new battery. Would consider trades for similarly styled UJM bikes. Bike lives at my house in North Austin. I work at home and not all that hard, so I'm around. (512) 970-8739

Asking $3500 or reasonable offers. Worst thing I'll say is no, donation to TWT if it sells here.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190409101646575_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
I really like that paint scheme and color.
I almost bought a CB350 many years ago, ended up getting a CB125 instead (was 1/2 the price of the 350 and I needed a cheap ride to work).

I really like that paint scheme and color.
I wish I could take credit for it. Previous owner did it. I kept thinking I'd find a great paint shop to have it totally redone but I never got around to it. This bike needs someone who will give it the saddle time he deserves.

Very cool bike. GLWS.

One minor comment, Honda did make an inline 4 250.

Very cool bike. GLWS.

One minor comment, Honda did make an inline 4 250.

Wow, what an interesting article. Sounds like a great machine, makes me want to own one. LOL
-CJB

I just sold my nc23 cbr400rr, it was a very fun bike, but you just had to wring its neck to enjoy it. At a track day years ago at grandsport speedway, someone showed up with a cbr250rr inline 4. The bike made wonderful noises, but it in all reality, it was somewhat slow. It doesn't matter though, the owner seemed happy and I loved checking it out and hearing it. I'd own one if given the opportunity.

This CB350 listed would be a blast as well. I always love the 4 into 1 pipes, but my understanding is the original pipes as on this bike are very rare to find in decent condition. Wish I could pick it up right now.

It really is a fun engine. Don't quite have to wring the neck of it, comes on really smoothly. While the 350 twins were more popular, these are regarded as being smooth as butter.

I was tempted by your 400, just didn't have the liquidity.

What a temptation! And I have the cash. [content removed - Admin] but I already have a couple SOHCs and early DOHCs.

"Better help this guy get this sold before I buy another SOHC Honda 4."

Actually, the 350 is pretty much a completely different bike from the 500, just like the 500 is different from the 750. They might look pretty much the same, but only a relatively few parts below the tank are interchangeable. The 350 was the root of the 400, similar to the way the 500 was the root of the 550. Both the 350 and 500 were quite comfortable and had good brakes with decent handling for their day, but they were both considered heavy and slow. If you wanted comfy touring and dependable as a rock, both topped their classes. Then Honda came out with the 400, based on the 350, and the 550, based on the 500, and in both cases the extra 50cc made all the difference. Still not fastest in class, but the wider powerbands were even more comfortable than the originals. The 350 and 400 were popular with students who had to make a couple hundred miles every weekend to work, and the bikes were pretty easy around campus, too.

Remember, Yamaha and Kawasaki had 2-stroke street bikes in the 350 and 500 classes, and these were terror weapons. Students who bought them ended up crashing them. Many died. The 350 and 500 were just the opposite. Know what you are getting in to before you buy.

If you want a bike for easy and comfortable day or weekend cruises, quiet, well behaved at sane speeds, dependable, relatively low and easy maintenance, this is a winner. It would also be a good around towner. Just avoid too many weighty extras and too high speed expectations. I rode one from Miami FL to Los Angeles CA to be put on a ship to Hawaii for a bud just out of Marine secondary training. With patience, it will do coast-to-coast, too. Just limit load, and if chubby, loaded, and/or in the mountains, dropping a tooth on the countershaft sprocket makes a useful improvement.

Somebody buy it quick before I spend too much on another toy.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Better help this guy get this sold before I buy another SOHC Honda 4."

Actually, the 350 is pretty much a completely different bike from the 500, just like the 500 is different from the 750. They might look pretty much the same, but only a relatively few parts below the tank are interchangeable. The 350 was the root of the 400, similar to the way the 500 was the root of the 550. Both the 350 and 500 were quite comfortable and had good brakes with decent handling for their day, but they were both considered heavy and slow. If you wanted comfy touring and dependable as a rock, both topped their classes. Then Honda came out with the 400, based on the 350, and the 550, based on the 500, and in both cases the extra 50cc made all the difference. Still not fastest in class, but the wider powerbands were even more comfortable than the originals. The 350 and 400 were popular with students who had to make a couple hundred miles every weekend to work, and the bikes were pretty easy around campus, too.

If you want a bike for easy and comfortable day or weekend cruises, quiet, well behaved at sane speeds, dependable, relatively low and easy maintenance, this is a winner. It would also be a good around towner. Just avoid too many weighty extras and too high speed expectations. I rode one from Miami FL to Los Angeles CA to be put on a ship to Hawaii for a bud just out of Marine secondary training. With patience, it will do coast-to-coast, too. Just limit load, and if chubby, loaded, and/or in the mountains, dropping a tooth on the countershaft sprocket makes a useful improvement.

Somebody buy it quick before I spend too much on another toy.

Rule #1 of the internet, if you act like you know a lot about something, someone will definitely know it better than you. Great information! I'll edit my original post. As to pricing, I based it on my two friends who sold much more modded CB350Fs in the last few months, then took a couple hundred off. At one point there were five of us, and we all knew each other (I had the only shop manual and decent garage, so I became popular). I'm certainly open to reasonable offers; TWT sales are always preferable to craigslist dealings.

It really is the easiest little bike to ride, wonderful around towner. If you wanted a bike to go to the café, this is the one. My friend that I got it from rode it from Austin to Big Bend and back, which goes far beyond my comfort level, but she maintains it wasn't any big deal. I personally don't like to ride older bikes any further than my wife is willing to come pick me up with my truck. The only breakdown this one has given me is dying in my neighborhood once when the battery didn't have enough water in it.

I have one in the red like the pic above. Cosmetically really nice when I got it except the painted pieces. So I recently had those redone. We painted the tank stripes rather than decal. It’s currently at a classic Honda mechanics and he’s rebuilding the carbs and going through it to tune, etc. Haven’t ridden it yet, probably owned it a couple of yrs now. Hopefully I’ll enjoy when I get it out.

Back