• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - For Sale 4x7 Trailer With Tailgate Ramp REDUCED $400

Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Last Name
Eubank
It's time to sell my lightly used 4x7 Carry-On trailer. I believe this is the same trailer sold at Tractor Supply. I bought it second hand from a fella who used it on his farm so I had to jump through the hoops of getting a title for it so I could register it. There is no title but I have the paperwork if someone would like to apply for a title. Titles are not required on trailers less than 4,000lbs GVWR. I also have the registration receipt. The floor in the pictures is plywood but I removed that to avoid rust/rot issues and also to install a motorcycle tire chock.

Right now it's loaded up with tree limbs but I'll dump those before the sale (unless you want some broken tree limbs). Update: The brush has been removed. The floor is mesh, the drive-on tailgate is also mesh. 1 7/8" ball with 4 prong light connector. All (both) lights work as designed. The registration is good through the end of June 2014.

For the lucky winner, I'll throw in an Ultra-Tow motorcycle wheel chock I purchased at Northern Tools (a $50 value!!).

I used the trailer to tow my current K1100rs from Hillsboro home. It wasn't quite long enough but I made it work. After that it was used to tow a dirtbike once or twice, a couple of loads of brush to the dump and that's about it. The tires are in excellent shape with plenty of tread left.

Let me know if you have any questions. First $400 gets it. I'm in the Austin area and can haul it a reasonable distance for a sale. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 258
  • trailer 2.jpg
    trailer 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 471
  • trailer label.jpg
    trailer label.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 367
  • tire chock.jpg
    tire chock.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 340
Re: For Sale 4x7 Trailer With Tailgate Ramp $475

If someone in the DFW area is looking at this and can work out payment, my cousin is coming up from Austin the 24th and I'm sure I could get him to bring it.

Re: For Sale 4x7 Trailer With Tailgate Ramp $475

If someone in the DFW area is looking at this and can work out payment, my cousin is coming up from Austin the 24th and I'm sure I could get him to bring it.

That's might nice of you, sir! Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Re: For Sale 4x7 Trailer With Tailgate Ramp REDUCED $425

Price reduced to $425 after checking CL prices. I guess next step will be posting on CL and face the flakes. :eek2:

I assume the mesh will support a bike? lol Will tailgate close behind dirtbikes?

I assume the mesh will support a bike? lol Will tailgate close behind dirtbikes?

As long as the distance from the front of your front knobbie to the rear of your rear knobbie is 7 feet or less, yup.......the tailgate will close. The inside length is right at 7 feet.

As for the mesh floor supporting a bike, it held my 600lb K1100RS without issue other than getting creative with straps since it is over 7 feet long. Granted, it wasn't in there for long but I didn't detect any bowing. I guess the addition of the plywood flooring would make it more durable if you're hauling a heavy bike for an extended amount of time but I've seen a lot of dirt bikes in similar trailers.

Attachments

• homeward.jpg
    homeward.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 374

Does the tailgate detach?

I'll check that this afternoon and report back. I don't *think* so because there are grease zerts on the hinges but I'll verify.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Does the tailgate detach?

The tailgate is not meant to be removed. The grease zerts indicate it's a fixed part of the trailer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Final reduction. $400.

Great price.... I am considering it to be honest and it's funny because I just bought a hitch hauler last weekend, lol...... :zen:

If I wanted to buy it would you be available Saturday some time? I'm in DFW but the best I could do is meeting up Saturday some time for right now.

Great price.... I am considering it to be honest and it's funny because I just bought a hitch hauler last weekend, lol...... :zen:

If I wanted to buy it would you be available Saturday some time? I'm in DFW but the best I could do is meeting up Saturday some time for right now.

I have a possible interested Craigslist person that wants to look at it tomorrow afternoon. If that falls through I'm sure I can meet you somewhere along I-35 on Saturday. Let me check with my planner (aka wife) to see what's on the calendar for Saturday and tomorrow afternoon I'll let you know if it's still available.

How heavy is this trailer?

You think a 4-cylinder Yaris can tow it?

I'll see if I can find the specs for tongue weight and total weight but I don't think it would be a problem. A lot would depend on what you put on the trailer. Empty I don't think the trailer would be a problem at all.

Ok, found it. It's definitely a Tractor Supply trailer manufactured by Carry-On for TS.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/sto...l-mesh-floor-trailer-1600-lb-payload-capacity

Empty weight is 325lbs. I don't see a tongue weight but I can easily pick it up but to move it around I usually grab it by the tailgate, tilt it back and just move it around.

The question you have to ask is how much tongue weight the hitch on a Toyota Yaris handle? Usually most cars will only handle about 200 or 250 pounds (cars, not trucks). You start overloading it and the hitch will actually pull through the mounting holes. Just a cautionary tale.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2012_Toyota_Yaris.htm

I have a possible interested Craigslist person that wants to look at it tomorrow afternoon. If that falls through I'm sure I can meet you somewhere along I-35 on Saturday. Let me check with my planner (aka wife) to see what's on the calendar for Saturday and tomorrow afternoon I'll let you know if it's still available.

The more I think about it now's probably not the best time. I just got a call right after I posted and I may be relocating so I'm gonna have to watch my finannces, lol... :giveup:

I understand the possible relocation and fund allocation.

As for tongue weight, that's 100% correct. It depends on the hitch, how it's mounted and vehicle specs. Some of the smaller vehicles don't even have hitches available for them. I know Toyota will void the warranty on the Prius if a hitch is installed.

Re: For Sale 4x7 Trailer With Tailgate Ramp REDUCED $400

Update: The post title has been changed to reflect the lowest price I can afford to go, the brush has been dumped and there is no title. I looked for the title and when I couldn't find it, I went to the title office to apply for a lost title where they pointed out it's an untitled trailer because it's under 4000lbs GVWR. :doh: I have paperwork if someone wants to title it and I have the registration receipt.

Re: For Sale 4x7 Trailer With Tailgate Ramp REDUCED $400

SOLD!

Back