• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[SOLD] S3T Buell For Sale - Eric Buell Signature Edition

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Well, not exactly as there isn't an "Eric Buell Signature Edition", however this bike's saddle bag lid was signed by Eric in 2008 as you can see in the pictures.

Its time for me to skinny down to one bike, so I am selling my 1999 Buell S3T Thunderbolt, I am the third owner. As the second owner told me, the first owner bought the bike and barely rode it, it was kept in his house and had less than 500 miles. The second owner though was newly retired and rode it extensively on long trips, including a trip to a Buell riders group get-together where Eric signed the lid of the saddle bag. I bought the bike in 2010 to replace a 2000 S3 Thunderbolt which I bought from a TWT and sold to another TWT. I wanted hard saddle bags and the T or Touring model has a different frame for attaching the factory saddle bags. Also on the touring model, you get a taller windshild, leg fairnings and hand guards.

The second owner upgraded the bike's motor mounting system and clutch which he said were the achieles heel of the bike. The exhaust pipe is jet hot coated inside and out. This keeps the exhaust heat from heating your right leg. The shift linkage is off a newer model Buell and is just as precise as any Japanese bike I have owned. He also added factory heated grips also from a later model Buell. Other accessories include: the optional Oz aluminum wheels which are very rare, a Throttlemeister, factory saddle bag liners, a laminar lip on the factory windshield, and two small soft Buell bags mounted in the fairing pockets. The second owner also gave me the owner's manual, the service manual, a second seat with a back support, a hand made front tire stand and a bunch of misc parts. He also gave me two vintage open face Buell helmets, which I will pass on if the new owner desires.

I have had the bike since 2010 and it has been trouble free, the bike need nothing except a new owner. The bike is 1203 cc, 101 HP, fuel injected. It has stock exhaust and stock air cleaner. It is a good riding bike.

The bike has 16,500 miles, of which 2,000 I put on it. I have a clear title and am asking $2,500. Bike is located in west Houston. If the bike sells through TWT, I will make a donation to the site.

Attachments

• 1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 001.jpg
    1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 001.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 668
  • 1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 005.jpg
    1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 005.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 379
  • 1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 006.jpg
    1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 006.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 417
  • 1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 009.jpg
    1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 009.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 007.jpg
    1999 Buell S3 Thunderbolt 007.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Re: S3T Buell For Sale - Eric Buell Signature Edition

You are killing me, man. I'd love to have a Thunderbolt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nice Buell. It would look great parked next to the other two S3's. Here in "Occupied El Paso" negotiating prices is an art form. So I guess what I'm asking, are you firm on the price?:mrgreen:

Nice Buell. It would look great parked next to the other two S3's. Here in "Occupied El Paso" negotiating prices is an art form. So I guess what I'm asking, are you firm on the price?:mrgreen:

Reaper Pete, I am not a novice at the "art form", so my response would be "no reasonable offers refused."

The S3 was not a high volume bike and the S3T even less so. I am surprised that there have been 3 posters in a few hours that are familiar with it.
for those who are not, all Buells have a short wheelbase that makes it handle very well.

I'm too slow. I should have got this one from you too. :mrgreen:

That will teach me to check in more than once a week. :doh:I'd have picked it up the same day you posted it.

Thank goodness it sold so quick. Like ripping the bandaid off quickly. ;-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That will teach me to check in more than once a week. :doh:I'd have picked it up the same day you posted it.

I was in Austin and missed this one also what a great deal.:tears:

I had 4 bikes and wanted to reduce the herd to one, I intend to keep my Buell XT. The WR250R sold quickly last week to a friend after I mentioned it in a casual conversation. The S3T I thought would take some time to sell, but it went quick. Next I plan to sell my FJR.

JasonH, Do you still have the S3, as I don't see it in your signature line.

I wish. I sold it about a year ago. I can only keep one at a time and wanted to try something different.

Not if I saw it first . ;) Sheesh. What a bad day to be outta town.

Thanks to everyone for their interest. The S3T, the FJR, and the WR250R all sold last Saturday. I am keeping the Buell XT the only bike I still have.

Top Cat just wanted to say the S3 was everything you said it was.:clap: Glad you got the garage cleaned out Saturday. My opinion you sold the wrong Buell, just saying. Pleasure doing business with you, and if you decide you might want it back the answer is no.:rider:

As the new owner of the FJR I'd like to second Reaper Pete's comments. It certainly was a pleasure doing business with you. Hope to see you on the road sometime.

Oh and you're not getting the FJR back either !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaper Pete, you may be right as I rode all 4 bikes to get state inspections and the S3T was the one where I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. I have had several Japanese bikes and one Harley, but the Buells are my favorites. Enjoy it, I know I did.

Back