• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SUNL Scooters

Toe

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Maeder
My wife has told me that she has no interest in learning how to ride a motorcycle. She said that she would ride 2 up with me, once I get a bigger bike ( :ponder: does that translate in to authorization to get a bigger bike?)

Anyway.. the other day she saw someone riding a scooter and made the comment that she " ...might enjoy riding one of those". So I am thinking that IF I can get her going on two wheels, then I might have my foot in the door to get her a bigger bike later!

Now to my question... Scooters come in what seems to be 100's of Makes and Models. I have stumbled across the SUNL 250 scooters.
http://www.atvdiscounter.com/Scooters/Size/250cc-22920.aspx
They are alot cheaper than the Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kymco.. etc
Does anyone have any experience with the SUNL brand and or know if they are worth anything?

Thanks

IMO, avoid SUNL at all costs.
Just google them and you'll see why.

Better to spend a little more on something used, reliable, and relatively safe.
+1 on the MSF course.

MOST of the Chinese imports scooters are very simple 2 strokers I see them all over the Net cheap used shop around and see what bargains are out there. WHile spending the $$$ for a "Good" Scooter is wise it might not be if she's in and then right back out. So if a used Sunl was cheap enough to get her started and guage interest and commitMENT
SRAD

IMO, avoid SUNL at all costs.
Just google them and you'll see why.

Better to spend a little more on something used, reliable, and relatively safe.
+1 on the MSF course.

Yep you are right.. I have been scared off of SunL.. I'll stick with my Honda's

Thanks!

The SunLs are some of the worst of the chinese bikes I've serviced. I'm the only shop around that will touch 'em usually and I'm not going out of my way to look up parts for 'em. There are better Chinese bikes/scooters, but rapidly the better ones are going up in price. It's is hard to find 'em on ebay for pennies anymore. I'm talking Diamo ( http://www.diamousa.com ) mostly. There are a few others. Diamo has a great warranty and a local shop now carries their scooters. He sells the 250s for around 3200 I think, which is still a lot cheaper than the competition. It is a 4 stroke 250.

But, you can't get somethin' for nothin' anymore. LOL There are the Korean scooters, too, or Taiwanese. These scooters have a decent rep. I mean, personally, if I was in the market, I'd dish out 3K+ for a 250cc Diamo or Kymco or Hyosung before I'd spend 5500 on a Honda Reflex, but that' just me. I wouldn't touch a SunL with YOU'RE 10 ft pole, though. :rofl: I've seen enough of 'em in my shop to know how they're built....junk.

My wife has told me that she has no interest in learning how to ride a motorcycle. She said that she would ride 2 up with me, once I get a bigger bike ( :ponder: does that translate in to authorization to get a bigger bike?)

Anyway.. the other day she saw someone riding a scooter and made the comment that she " ...might enjoy riding one of those". So I am thinking that IF I can get her going on two wheels, then I might have my foot in the door to get her a bigger bike later!

Now to my question... Scooters come in what seems to be 100's of Makes and Models. I have stumbled across the SUNL 250 scooters.
http://www.atvdiscounter.com/Scooters/Size/250cc-22920.aspx
They are alot cheaper than the Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kymco.. etc
Does anyone have any experience with the SUNL brand and or know if they are worth anything?

Thanks

My recommendation is to stay away from the SUNL. I know people that have received them new in the crate and had to replace parts to get them running. If you want Asian, get a Kymco. If you want a classic, look for my 2002 Vespa ET4 for sale on dfwscooterist.com in the forums for sale section.:rider:

There are the Korean scooters, too, or Taiwanese. These scooters have a decent rep. I mean, personally, if I was in the market, I'd dish out 3K+ for a 250cc Diamo or Kymco or Hyosung before I'd spend 5500 on a Honda Reflex, but that' just me.

I looked at the Kymco Xciting 250. The shop wanted $4800 for it. The Honda Relfex is just $800 more... so... I know I trust Honda.

But I think I will look for a used one somewhere... Heck I only paid $1600 for my bike!

don't ever buy a chinese scooter... u will be upset... buy vespa, piaggio, aprilia, honda, yamaha stuff like that..

Back