• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SWM Motorcycles

Reaction score
Anybody looking to buy one? The RS 500r has peaked my interest. It's an Husky TE510 with a few upgrades/improvements. Got any info, please share. Looks like there is a dealer in Austin.

The adventure bike looks interesting too.

SWM feels like how Beta was less than a decade ago. Up and coming and showing a lot of promise.

I'm liking the Super Dual T. I came close to buying a DR650 a couple of times, but always hesitated because of the low spec parts and carburetor. The 690 Coolaid dispenser OTOH cost too much and seat too high. This one looks about right.

It's a proven engine and platform. With a good dealer I wouldnt shy away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Price is very attractive. The 500r can be had for around 7500... That's around WR250r price with a lot more power. 278lbs ..not a fly weight but not big bike weight either. Tank is pretty small though, about 2 gallons.

Price is very attractive. The 500r can be had for around 7500... That's around WR250r price with a lot more power. 278lbs ..not a fly weight but not big bike weight either. Tank is pretty small though, about 2 gallons.
Someone will make a big tank.

Wow! They are claiming 372lbs for the adventure bike. Got to check both of these out! Only bad part is at the moment would have to take it to Austin to AF Racing for maintenance I guess.

7500 plus bs fees =9500+ otd. I was interested in the SM 500 R but will wait and see how reliable they are
They can try it if they want to, but won't be buying a bike from them if so. Got to pay tax and registration crap..not paying inflated assembly and test charges!

Yes they are too new. They have to go through a good showroom soak before they start to discount.

Manufacturer in Italy and engine parts source from china company shineray who is major swm brand holder. One of the larger china brands.

47 hp. 406lbs full wet

Last edited:
9500 otd puts it up against some reliable bike, like the Wee. I would wait to see the new KLR, with possibly a proven twin power plant.

Yes they are too new. They have to go through a good showroom soak before they start to discount.

Manufacturer in Italy and engine parts source from china company shineray who is major swm brand holder. One of the larger china brands.

47 hp. 406lbs full wet
It's a looker, Italian always beautiful. 2 year warranty. Looking at this too since 17.

I think the Tenere 700 is going to have a similar impact....it's heavier, but reviews are absolutely stellar so far.

I think the Tenere 700 is going to have a similar impact....it's heavier, but reviews are absolutely stellar so far.
Would be nice if redesign klr came to life to be able to compare the 2.

Surely they would bring the klr up to modern performance levels instead of just going for a modern but too conservative route.

No choice...they killed a legend...the replacement will have to be something pretty good. The KTM 790 is expensive but getting great reviews. The Tenere is excelling in the places where it's available. The KlR better be pretty nice or it will get killed. Question is are they going to go upscale or bare bones.

Mostof the Japanese bike mentioned are twin cyl ADV bikes. Does the supposed KLR replacement even exist? These SWMs are single cyl enduro. $9k is the skim-the-creme-off -the-top price.

Wow! They are claiming 372lbs for the adventure bike. Got to check both of these out! Only bad part is at the moment would have to take it to Austin to AF Racing for maintenance I guess.
Do your own maintenance, have dealer handle any repairs

Klr is dead for good, milk crate manufacturers have already filed for bankruptcy

Do your own maintenance, have dealer handle any repairs

Klr is dead for good, milk crate manufacturers have already filed for bankruptcy

Ha, like the buggy whip manufacturers , once upon a time😆

Last edited:
IMG_5538.JPG

Why are there 2 pipes? The verbiage on their website and details like this and copycat Beta/Husky/KTM like styling smell eerily like Chinese marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are there 2 pipes? The verbiage on their website and details like this and copycat Beta/Husky/KTM like styling smell eerily like Chinese marketing.

Read the history of the company. BMW bought Husq but only wanted the name. The foundry and engines were left behind so SWM came in and just bout the factory. The frames and engines are actually Husky TE models. SWM is an old Italian name, but these bikes are not. The guy bought the SWM name as well as the Husqvarna technology and facility.

From what I’ve read the 500 will run you $9k out the door. This is for 9+ year old Husky motor technology being produced from a relatively unknown and untested manufacturer. I can hand over the plans to one of my houses to anybody but unlikely they can build it to my standards. You can get a 500 KTM 2020 model from TJ’s for a couple grand more. With this you get a Baja, Supercross, GP, USMotocross winning pedigree, full reliable warranty and KTM powerparts options for any upgrades. There are plenty of other options but for value saving a couple grand makes no sense to me when the same folks spend $50k+ on a 1/2 ton pickup.

Back