• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Blue Hole

j650gs

Reaction score
For those of you familiar with the Blue Hole / Aldridge Sawmill / Boykin Springs area in East Texas, I was riding some forest service roads today and passed by the entrance to the Blue Hole. New iron gates, big rocks, etc. While there, I watched two dump trucks turn in with a local builder's name on the side. I asked around, and word on the street is that he is the new owner and is going to construct several cabins around the Hole that will be for rent. I'll keep you posted....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That would be kind of cool if the price is right.

For those of you familiar with the Blue Hole / Aldridge Sawmill / Boykin Springs area in East Texas, I was riding some forest service roads today and passed by the entrance to the Blue Hole. New iron gates, big rocks, etc. While there, I watched two dump trucks turn in with a local builder's name on the side. I asked around, and word on the street is that he is the new owner and is going to construct several cabins around the Hole that will be for rent. I'll keep you posted....

Cool! We love camping at Boykin Springs!

Well...this time of year, as I experienced again today, things get interesting with deer season opening. People were piling in this morning. No problems, just traffic. Most of the FS roads in the Angelina are short, dead ends or loops. Back in the day, you could ride out of Boykin Springs. Not anymore. So, if you combine dirt/mud county roads with FS roads that are open....you at least get the adventure feel.

I'm just gonna have to go to Utah, or Colorado or something.

I love Texas, but 99% is privately owned.

Did someone say big bend?

Well...this time of year, as I experienced again today, things get interesting with deer season opening. People were piling in this morning. No problems, just traffic. Most of the FS roads in the Angelina are short, dead ends or loops. Back in the day, you could ride out of Boykin Springs. Not anymore. So, if you combine dirt/mud county roads with FS roads that are open....you at least get the adventure feel.

Back in the '80s I used to go over to Beaumont, meet up with a riding buddy, and we would hit the trails up there 2 - 3 weekends a month. We learned real quick to shutdown during deer season when we had one hunter stop us by standing in the middle of the trail and pointing a deer rifle at us; telling us that he couldn't teach his 5 kids (running around, screaming their heads off) how to deer hunt. There obviously were no deer within miles of there, but we decided it was best just to wait until the end of the season to resume riding. Too bad the trails are closed, they were a blast. There was a pipeline/highline right-of-way that cut through there which was also a great place to ride.

Yea, it was always interesting to camp across the lake from guys that were there to hunt.

Angy... I still love ya baby....:tears: In my over 45 years of riding in Texas, Angy was the best place to ride hands down.

Back