• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire Balancer (PWB)

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
PWB (pocket wheel balancer) which are balancer bearings that will literally fit in you pants pocket. I guess that's assuming your pants are not so tight as to crunch other crotch tools.

Three cones are on the shaft. The 2 small ones are for front wheels and the large one is for back wheels to be used along with a small one. Can't guarantee it will fit every bike. The last picture is to demonstrate how it is to be used, but you must assume, which might be a real stretch for some, that a tire/wheel combin is on two of the cones and that the third cone has been removed.

The body of the PWB is made of stainless steel. The dark color is not dirt or grease, rather it is due to the heat involved in cutting and grinding. It can be buffed off. I just didn't bother. I firmly believe that my tools should look just as dirty as my hands. The bearings are from roller blade/skates so they are readily available and inexpensive.

$30 for balancer (cones and bearings).

I am in Leander (NW Austin)

Balancer assembled.jpg

Last edited:
Back