• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Which one? Mosko moto Reckless 40, 80 or Green Chile Adv hardcore rack kit?

Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Bagley
Hey all,

I've been researching luggage systems for the drz for camping and such. Stuck between the reckless 40, 80 and the Green Chile hardcore adventure kit. Just curious as to what peoples real world experiences have been with the systems. Thanks! (If I like them well enough I may try to use it on the super tenere too)

*Currently use for camping on the tenere is 2 first gen mosko moto scout panniers at 25l apiece, with at most 25 liters on top, if I went with the 40 I would just add a small duffel behind the system or downsize on items.
Links Below:
Green Chile

Mosko 40

Mosko 80

I'm in the same boat (deciding between the Reckless 40 or 80) for a DRZ as well. Mosko is currently updating the Reckless 80 (v3), which is supposed to be released sometime in the spring if I remember correctly.

Another option (cheaper) I've considered is the Altrider Hemisphere holster only and then sourcing your own drybags to fit.

I have run this thru my mind many times. I am currently using a Giant Loop Coyote which is 39 liters plus a top bag and two extra GL possible pouches for multi day camping where i might not be able to source much on the road. The top bag is mostly clothing, bedding, and a little food. I never have the top bag full, but like the space for the layers of clothing I might transition thru. I sometimes stop in the evening and grab a liter of water for cooking and can throw it in the top bag quickly. I think if I was going to switch to one of the above systems I would chose the MM Reckless 80 if I was going to haul all my camping stuff. My thinking is that you can keep more stuff down low and not need to carry much on top. You could have a small top bag to put clothing or groceries you might pick up before the last leg of the day, but mostly ride with everything in the side bags. In the event I didn't want to carry my stove or my cold weather sleeping bag I could get away with a Reckless 40. I have camped for up to 3 days at a time with my GL MoJavi bags at only 12 liters along with a small top bag, this is a solo tent and tiny sleeping bag and no cooking gear. You need to be realistic about what you think you will need for the type of travel you will do.

I'm waiting another few months until RMC/TUSK releases its rackless bags for dirtbikes. I predict it's going to be 1/2 the cost of mosko ....and performs 80-90% of..
right now, I've got TUSK Pilot soft bags 35L /side....strapped over my big fat dirtbike w/ side racks. , I cannot believe TUSK soft bags' built this well, at a fraction of the cost by others in this segment.

but to answer OP's question...personally, I'd go w/ the Green Chili rack on a pure dirtbike that has a weak subframe...like an alum or a plastic composite subframe. I like the green chili side straps going down to some part of the frame by the footpegs to cantilever/transpose the weight (at the back of the fender) away from the subframe and more onto the main frame itself.

Really like the quality of the MM stuff, they had a booth at the show in Dallas. However, My Christmas present to myself was the Green Chile Hardcore rack and a couple fuel bottle holsters. Real quality stuff as well.

Cycleracks rack and a duffle bag you already have. Tie it down with Rok straps and you are set.

Back