• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Woodbutcher / Picture a day 2016

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Well, I'll give it a try, but only since I've already been shooting every day so far this year. I may not post one every day, but I'll try to take one.

Okay, guess since I started a thread I better get posting, eh? So this is a catch up post.

1/1/2016

At Robert and Carla Cay Krull's place in Big Bend.

i-HPmq2cp-L.jpg

1/2/2016

Near Alpine, TX

1/3/2016

i-CBfqhnW-L.jpg

01/03 - product shot. :clap: I like doing these kinds of shots myself. The colors and environment are perfect for this one!

Well now I'm gonna hafta subscribe.

Well, I was wondering when you were gonna post. But I sure didn't think it would be the purple cactus. But you sure made it look good.

Day isn't over yet, Camilo. So I'm only late on yesterday's pic. So here:

1/4

i-dMT6rRT-L.jpg

1/5

i-sZJbjsX-L.jpg

The cactus was because Gregory requested a good picture of one. The pictures of Robert's house didn't come out as nicely as I'd hoped.

The picture from the 2nd is a large panorama. Click on it to see the whole thing.

I thought this would be selfies ��

Keep up the good work Rusty, only 361 more to go.
:)

Maybe today I'll use the micro drone from yesterday to get a picture. Don't be surprised if it is the underside of the couch though. It seems to be a drone magnet. :rofl:

And today's shot, taken from the drone. This time I'm the photographer and pilot. Yesterday I could only be the photographer.

i-vpKbM33.jpg

So as small as that unit is, does it sound like a bazillion angry gnats in flight? What's the range (away from you and altitude)

More like 20 pissed off bees. Range is about 30 meters. It has a video mode too, but this was a photography thread so I did a picture. Whooping .3MP. Yes, point three.

the shot of the drone and operator really is amazing. for some reason, it's very interesting.

Okay, a story with this picture. Has everybody seen Christmas Story? Remember Ralphie's obsession with the lamp? His comment about the "gleam of electric sex in the window"? Well, my folks have been going through old boxes and offered me some old records. Her description made me think some of my old country and western albums that had gone missing were in there. So, against my wife's wishes, I brought home a book box of records. Turns out that it had some of my sister's, some of mine and all of my folks. I found the Christmas albums of my youth like Harry Belafonte, Perry Como and of course, Bing Crosby. Jackpot. :dude: Amongst them I found my version of Ralphie's lamp. As a kid, when I discovered this album in Dad's collection I realized it was better than finding a National Geographic lying around. I'm sure some of the guys my age already know what album cover I'm talking about. So, here is the collection. Notice it is still in the garage...wife won't let me bring it in yet.

i-TKBCqxW-XL.jpg

Never had it but the Cars Candy-O was mine I s'pose. 1979.

My normal relaxed, evening routine is to grab the camera (and sometimes a beer) and head out to the back yard to shoot some bird pictures. There are some regular birds that don't mind me out there. Others get a bit jumpy and take some time to come back close. I have a blind, but don't bother with it until peak time in the spring. Here is one of my regulars. He just sits and watches me get comfortable.

i-nQFGRWQ-L.jpg

Out camping. I took pictures, just need to pick the best for the day and get them uploaded.

Okay, here is my shot from 1/9/2016:

JT lighting a pipe at the fire. 50mm, 1/25 sec, f/1.8, ISO 6400

i-9p25n24-L.jpg

Back