• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Trade XR650R FOUND

atta boy!! coming back home!!! :giveup::clap:… lol.. jk, you just punched those KTM loyalist right in the gut!!! Tired of working on it huh? lol...

No. It has been flawless. I just want another old school simple bike to keep in the country. I have had 2 Xr’s, 3 KTM 690s. Both great at what they are.

I hear ya... I was just messin… too much coffee this morning I guess... yes, both great bikes... I was back n forth on xr650l or ktm 500 exc-f for a long time.... my next bike will be the ktm.. good luck on the trade and ill keep my eyes open for one..

Meanwhile, wives are literally laying around everywhere waiting for some sucker to carry her home. :deal:

After 40 years of marriage, her leaving was the best gift she ever gave me.
Now, almost 2 years later, it's crazy just how true that statement is along with how hard married women work to get their single friends tethered to some poor schmuck in order to propagate their misery. Just sayin'

OT content ...
Last fall, I met a crew at Big Bend for a weekend of trail riding. I had just purchased a new 500 EXC-F. When I arrived, there were many XR650Rs and XR600Rs in the group and several old guys ... older than me and I'm 62 ... riding them.

I couldn't keep up with their dust cloud. I was schooled for certain.

If I could only have 1 bike to do it all it would be the KTM 500. You can ride single track, do an enduro race an MX race and take it on a long Adv Ride. It does it all.
Still KTM's most popular bike.

If it could only do 2-up riding then I'd only own one bike! :rider:

If it could only do 2-up riding then I'd only own one bike! :rider:
Pretty sure it could.
10ee2d5fbdb780822728f8a1d529d3a3.jpg

After 40 years of marriage, her leaving was the best gift she ever gave me.
Now, almost 2 years later, it's crazy just how true that statement is along with how hard married women work to get their single friends tethered to some poor schmuck in order to propagate their misery. Just sayin'

OT content ...
Last fall, I met a crew at Big Bend for a weekend of trail riding. I had just purchased a new 500 EXC-F. When I arrived, there were many XR650Rs and XR600Rs in the group and several old guys ... older than me and I'm 62 ... riding them.

I couldn't keep up with their dust cloud. I was schooled for certain.
Off topic.

But same here 26 years, went just after you took the GS...... I miss the GS

Found. Like new!

What a find! Congrats.
Nothing like the sound of an XR650R winding out to 90 mph. Crossed from Guadalajara to San Antonio Texas 6 times on mine with DS tires. 31 kicks 1000 miles one way.
One of my favorite memories of my XR650R was when the Mexican highway patrol (caminos federales) pulled me over in San Luis Potosi when I was flying full throttle. He said to me, "Don't worry I do not want a bribe, I only stop you to see your moto. I have a CRF450R but always dream of the XR650R." I told him take it and he rode it. I will never forget the smile on his face.
Despite many Baja victories the XR650R was never sold in Mexico.
I sold mine here on TWTEX years ago but would buy it back in a heartbeat if I remember who I sold it to. 275253

congrats on the find!

Those bikes are OK If have a healthy right leg. I enjoyed mine for about three years. Dual sported It -gearing was always an issue. Rode it in the trails - heavy and ran hot. Road on the dunes a few times - did ok. The front forks on the bike or probably some of the best I have ever ridden.

Back