• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

An Unfortunate Accident

Dear heavenly father,
I know you have a plan for all of us. What ever your plans are for John and Barbara Michlowsky, I ask that you be with John and Barbara this time. Father at a time such as this it’s easy for one to lose faith but also it’s easy for one to regain lost faith or find new faith. Father I know you can heal Barbara, I’ve witnessed your miracles before. We ask that you take this couple in and guide them down the right path, show them the way you want them to go. Father we ask that you bless this loving couple, their family, and their friends.
Father if it is your will,
Amen

I do not know this couple, but I’ve had to endure my share of lost loved ones. I will continue to prey for them. We don’t know what God has in store for us but for the true believers of God glory awaits. All we can do is ask for help, guidance and love from God.

Bryan
Bryan I say Amen and agree with you brother. clay

For those assisting in prayer and following this - a quote from the source:

"Stable. They struggled with her BP (blood pressure) and heart rate today (5-29)very low but finally got it under control. They had given her demoral for shivering and they think that caused it. She looks better. The swollen face has gone down. She moved her arm slightly when they pinched her. I think it is just going to take time. The good news is her condition has not worsened."

Thought you might like to know.

Sorry to hear about John and Barbara's accident. Prayers and good thoughts for Barbara's continued recovery.

For those assisting in prayer and following this - a quote from the source:

"Stable. They struggled with her BP (blood pressure) and heart rate today (5-29)very low but finally got it under control. They had given her demoral for shivering and they think that caused it. She looks better. The swollen face has gone down. She moved her arm slightly when they pinched her. I think it is just going to take time. The good news is her condition has not worsened."

Thought you might like to know.

That's great news!

The more you ask the more you receive.:clap:

Update I received this morning. When Barbara's injury was rated a 4, 3 being not survivable and 15 being best, this update is welcomed news!

"We are on the uphill ride on this roller coaster right now which is great!
They are about to take her to surgery to install a trach. She just opened
her left eye a little and moved her head. The nerve test on her face did
show the right side has damage so she isn't moving anything on that side
yet. Once the trach is in they will remove sedation and she might wake up
faster. All vitals are stable right now. We will have a better picture in
the next few days."

It seems to be looking better! Let's don't think it's done and keep her recovery in our prayers! Thanks and let's keep up the good work. This news has really been uplifting to the family.
Thanks everybody.

Last edited:
Guys - I am so excited! Was just relayed a couple of late Tuesday updates tonight. One message from Barbara's sister and one from JOHN!!!

What till you read this! It proves PRAYER WORKS. It should serve to motivate all of us!

From Barbara's sister.

Surgery for trach went great. She should be back in room soon but they are going to keep her sedated tonite and tomorrow turn off sedation. Today she opened left eye several times when they messed with her. She squeezed our hand on command and let go when we told her. When John got there I told her to show him she could move her head and she moved. Doctors are optimistic. Tomorrow decide if they will fix her elbow and wrist. Both compound fractures. With ortho surgery she will be there 7 more days. Without 4-5 days then move to long term acute care hospital in Dallas We are excited but they are saying long journey.

From John

Traech and feeding tube in place now. Barbara has been opening her left eye some and has responded by squeezing our hand with her hand. She moves her head some. She looks better today.

Thanks for your prayers,

John

From all TWTEXAN's - You are Welcome John!

Last edited:
Sorry I have not been more diligent with updates. Been out of town and away from internet for several days. Just got home and had this message!

From John,

Barbara has been stable enough to go forward with elbow surgery tomorrow.
This is the plan today. Difficult to tell if her movement is from commands or just from reflex.

From her Sister

Good day. Moved right leg for first time. Not awake yet but she is moving more and does open one eye. Facial nerve test last week showed 60% on right side. Today both sides were 100%. Elbow surgery tomorrow. On track to move her to LifeCare Plano long term acute care facility on Tuesday. Keep the prayers coming!

The John and the family sincerely thanks everyone for their prayers!

Last edited:
Received this update from my brother this morning:

Mary Ellen and I had a good visit with John, daughter Lisa and saw Barbara. Barbara was going into surgery after it was canceled before to repair what they could with Barbara's elbow.

After surgery the doctor was indecisive as to how well the elbow was repaired, somewhat crushed, they put in a metal brace that goes from the elbow down part of her lower bottom of the arm along with added donor bone. How well this will work is up in the air, whether she accepts the donor bone, how well it heals (6-9 months out), range of motion will be diminished, doctor said whatever you want to guess but could be 50-70 percent if it heals. In the future an elbow replacement might be a possibility.

According to John, Barbara's movements on command could be that or could be reactions or normal movements, according to John they are not conclusive. Could also be she is able to make the movement once and too much effort to repeat.

Plans were and are to move Barbara to Dallas as early as Tuesday to a Long Term Acute (Intensive) Care facility in the Plano/Carrollton area, depending on who can handle the care needed and has a bed open.

From what we know the doctors had done all they can do putting her back together so to speak with surgeries, now will be time for healing and hoping Barbra wakes up and improves barring complications.

Pneumonia, we talked about it but I am not clear on the answer.

From Sister

Barbara is resting comfortably today. Moving her head and arm a lot, but not awake. Breathed on her own for 3 hours today. Busy day tomorrow getting her ready to move to Dallas.

Update:

Barbara has been moved to an acute care facility, LifeCare in Plano. Did great on the trip. She has been breathing on her own during the day but it is hard on her. She really sweats and her heart rate stays elevated. Tonight for instance, she will go back on ventilator so she can rest.

She can hear people come in and is showing more responses every day. It's going to be a long hard road. So, let's continue to keep them in our prayers please. They can certainly use it!

Talked to John and he wanted me to let everyone know he/they REALLY appreciated it and was humbled by the response and support.

Update on Barbara:

From Sister
Cautiously ecstatic!!! Barb is showing Lots more movement including right toes are wiggling and they have not moved until today. Left arm is reaching high. Yesterday, started pinching motion b/t left pointer finger and thumb. Touches her face. Opening and shutting left eye often. Stares at objects for a few seconds. Licked lips. Responded to Anita tickling her feet. When I told her to stick out her tongue she opened her mouth and you could see her tongue moving inside.

She has been off the ventilator for 48 hours. We notice the little changes, but Doctors say they also think she is more awake. Moving a lot. Marissa visited her during lunch and she said Barb was focusing on her while she talked to her. Please keep praying that she will continue to heal. Thanks!

Now from John
When asked how Barbara is doing, responding, coming to/being awake, moving, eyes opening and such, his response is basically, “Just more wake is the only change.”

It appears there is a large difference in interpretation between how Barbara’s sister and John (Barbara’s husband) concerning Barbara’s progress. At the very least, the sister is interpreting the increase of activity as a big improvement and John is disappointed it is taking so long.

I have a feeling that John may be depressed. Maybe to the point that he may need some help. It almost seems like he doesn't want to get too excited, that way if something happens it doesn't hurt as much. It may be something to ask.

Lord God, we humans are frail and weak in many ways. We ask for your merciful healing hand to be on them, not only for Barbara, but for all the family involved. Lord, please be the mighty, one True God in both their lives and their circumstances in their great moment of need.
Praying in the name of your Son, Jesus, and to His glory, Amen.

Last edited:
Lord God, we humans are frail and weak in many ways. We ask for your merciful healing hand to be on them, not only for Barbara, but for all the family involved. Lord, please be the might, one True God in their lives and circumstance in their great moment of need.
Praying in the name of your Son, Jesus, and to His glory, Amen.

Amen !

Back