• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

You know KZ400s only go 99, right? And that's with me @ 120#, flat out...
Mine went close to that, it was a brown 1978 with the Commuter Special tag, meaning, no tach and a drum brake up front, but she wheelied. Amazingly, wearing shorts, tennis shoes and a ZZ Top concert T-Shirt, I was apparently able to survive. I think this was around 1980-82 in Norfolk Virginia at my buddy Stevie Dyer's house. There might have been drinking...

IMG_0242(1).JPG

IMG_0379(1).JPG

IMG_0424(1).JPG

IMG_0424(1).JPG

IMG_0425(1).JPG

IMG_0367(1).JPG

Mine went close to that, it was a brown 1978 with the Commuter Special tag, meaning, no tach and a drum brake up front, but she wheelied. Amazingly, wearing shorts, tennis shoes and a ZZ Top concert T-Shirt, I was apparently able to survive. I think this was around 1980-82 in Norfolk Virginia at my buddy Stevie Dyer's house. There might have been drinking...

View attachment 378170

View attachment 378172

View attachment 378173

View attachment 378173

View attachment 378174

View attachment 378171
Who is the skinny guy riding the bike?

View attachment 378170

View attachment 378172

View attachment 378173

View attachment 378173

View attachment 378174

View attachment 378171
AMAZINGLY 1980-82 twilight pics are a better quality than some pics I've seen from _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ' _ flip phone IMHO...
Just sayin😎

Hey, Doug, @OldTLSDoug can you use a Shinko 110/80-19" ADV tread front tire?

I paid about $100 for it with shipping (wrong *&^%$#@ size).

Make offer...

Well, I just can't seem to stop the bike train. I look to have sold the Gas Gas, will pick up another 690 Duke this weekend. Also, stroke of luck, I am trading the SV650S for a 2008 KTM 990 Super Duke. That is a good deal. Pretty excited, except it is in McKinney (the 990) and the 690 is in Abilene, I see some driving in Doug's future...

Well, I just can't seem to stop the bike train. I look to have sold the Gas Gas, will pick up another 690 Duke this weekend. Also, stroke of luck, I am trading the SV650S for a 2008 KTM 990 Super Duke. That is a good deal. Pretty excited, except it is in McKinney (the 990) and the 690 is in Abilene, I see some driving in Doug's future...
Me thinks you need to stop looking at Facebook marketplace.

Actually, the ladies at the courthouse don't need an express lane, it is a rare trip that requires more than 10 minutes. I am very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism on display at out Somervell County Tax Assessor's Office. Well done ladies.

Actually, the ladies at the courthouse don't need an express lane, it is a rare trip that requires more than 10 minutes. I am very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism on display at out Somervell County Tax Assessor's Office. Well done ladies.
There’s at least one lady in the Johnson County office who’s a wizard.

She walked me through the headache of importing and titling two outboards from California (they don’t title the motors out there or at leas they didn’t at the time). She got me sorted out in about 5 minutes with all the paperwork and told me the common issues. It was truly amazing becuase between the to outboards, the boat, and the trailer it was a pretty thick folder full of documents.

Wheeler Dealer update: I backed out of the 990 Super Duke deal as he hasn't gotten the title transferred into his name and he had replaced the rear exhaust cam. Too many things that made me uneasy, I am sure the bike is fine, but I shy away from deals with complications. The good news is that now I do not have to drive to McKinney, just Abilene this weekend.

Wheeler Dealer update: The good news is that now I do not have to drive to McKinney, just Abilene this weekend.
Nice...
Seeing your just down the road a bit... There's a Sporster ln Midland/Odessa area that you could check out for a Bro... Might have to get some extra money 💰...
Also that 500 Yammie thumper in Weatherford and you don't need to get off I-20...
Just a thought...
A friend in need - is a friend indeed...
😎

Hopefully it will be a fun weekend, but you never know, still have to work tomorrow night, so hopefully all will go well. Still waiting for an address to go get the bike and tomorrow I need to get the money from the bank, should be an entertaining day.

So, as with all things, we must step into the poo to enjoy having clean shoes. So I finally got the address and they sent a pic of the title for the 690. Bad part? It is a Colorado title and it isn't in their name. So, I said, see ya and it looks like Pee Paw sits pat with the hand he was already dealt. Hard to find good deals on bikes, that are actually good deals. I have the 690 I already bought sitting on the lift still needing parts, now it is the counter sprocket washer because apparently they rattle gunned it on without worrying about lining up the little splines, why bother? Well, in all this the good news is I am out nothing and I don't have extra broken stuff to fix, I have plenty right now thank you. Enjoy your day, did I mention I have to go to work? LOL.

So, as with all things, we must step into the poo to enjoy having clean shoes. So I finally got the address and they sent a pic of the title for the 690. Bad part? It is a Colorado title and it isn't in their name. So, I said, see ya and it looks like Pee Paw sits pat with the hand he was already dealt. Hard to find good deals on bikes, that are actually good deals. I have the 690 I already bought sitting on the lift still needing parts, now it is the counter sprocket washer because apparently they rattle gunned it on without worrying about lining up the little splines, why bother? Well, in all this the good news is I am out nothing and I don't have extra broken stuff to fix, I have plenty right now thank you. Enjoy your day, did I mention I have to go to work? LOL.
I'm on a "send me a photo of the title" basis now, before any movement or offer.

That one be done I believe. I guess the bright side is that I will have money from bike sales, maybe I will shop a while. From now on it will be do you have a title IN YOUR NAME? If not, Pee Paw moves on. Shocking how many folks get perturbed by me insisting they prove they own the vehicle they are selling me. I guess I am just an old guy.

I'm on a "send me a photo of the title" basis now, before any movement or offer.
I did and they finally sent it, and I said, is that in your name? She said, "He didn't have time to do it." I am just gobsmacked by the amount of folks that buy stuff, ride it on the road, then try to sell it without transferring it probably because they can't register it without spending money. DANG! I guess I am a stickler.

Back