• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Nice. There is a more than 50% chance that my next bike will be a preowned Harley. (Better for dates, now that I'm back in the dating world).
Get a stripped down Harley, no cases. After a certain age, single women come with their own well worn bags. Sometimes they need the support of new bag frames.

Bella Vista travel for a closing tomorrow, then to Garfield via Pea Ridge for documents and then home.
1” of rain overnight had the gravel roads dust free and nice!
We are in between the redbuds leafing out and dropping their lovely purple blossoms and the Dogwoods blooming white. Smells so good over here! 120 easy miles, in the 40’s drizzling and windy all day…❤️

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2292.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

Lucky you. I have a 9.1 mile total commute each day and I never get up out of my chair all day. I used to love when I got to visit vendors or 3rd parties by myself or was needed in the oil fields. Always took the bike unless I had to carry a large heavy part.

Bella Vista travel for a closing tomorrow, then to Garfield via Pea Ridge for documents and then home.
1” of rain overnight had the gravel roads dust free and nice!
We are in between the redbuds leafing out and dropping their lovely purple blossoms and the Dogwoods blooming white. Smells so good over here! 120 easy miles, in the 40’s drizzling and windy all day…❤️

View attachment 377814

View attachment 377815

View attachment 377816

View attachment 377816
Man, I love that bike! Good choice.

I rode in today. Absolutely lovely this morning. I've already washed and put away my winter jacket, so I threw on a light flannel shirt under my mesh jacket. That was just about perfect. I really think there's a future in which I only own a mesh jacket and just use various layers to keep it comfortable, not that I'm in a hurry to get rid of my current winter jacket.

@Gravel Guy - I'll be interested to hear you're ongoing review of the 300 rally. I've been interested in one for a while but I'm not sure I could give up the power. I spent years on a DR 650 and now years more on and Africa Twin. If consider those comparable enough to your KLR and 950 to be worthy of comparison!

Office views. Filled her up for the first time today. About 70MPG according to the computer. 46-63 here today!
@William Wolfen I expect the little 300 to last 10-15 years and give me 100K miles of economical service. Nearing the end of my working career, and taking care of my family including two mothers that live on my street….it’s time that is most important to me. I’ve owned the 950 for several years now, and ridden it less than I wanted to because it always needed something. I want a bike I can get on and go and not worry about. I need economy for real estate work, and most of the riding I do is 60MPH or less. The Honda fits the ticket. And, I’m keeping Kowalski forever, as an art piece after I decide to quit using it.

IMG_2310.jpeg

I get the reliability thing. My Africa Twin is like that. Just starts every morning, runs on regular gas, and doesn't give me any trouble. Not as efficient as the rally for sure, but I see plenty of 60mph+ riding here around Houston and the Twin is great for it.

I've been riding for close to 55 years, I've noticed there is a lot of guys that probably enjoy wrenching and modifying a bike as much or more than riding them. Me on the other hand I'd rather be riding and never turn a wrench. Occasionally I'm really in the mood to wrench but it's rare, I do it because it saves a ton of money, doesn't hurt to know your bike, and shop is an hour away! lol.

I love changing fluids and basic maintenance. A friend once said "ed, if you aren't changing some oil, your not happy". That said in 835k miles ive never had a failure in something that contained oil, except the fancy honda xr650r racing forks i messed up in the rebuild. I added way too much oil :-)

Have appointments 9 am Eldridge / I 10 Houston area all this week . Coming from Sealy area Monday not much traffic today more traffic . Better than driving the truck .

I had to go down to the med center yesterday in the late afternoon. I was shocked at how light the traffic was coming home at 1800. No idea what the deal was. That was in the truck.

On the flip side, I have been riding to work. It's starting to get a bit warm though. Don't get me started on the stinking humidity!

Of course I'm riding to work. It's the only riding I'm doing...9 miles per day. Keeps me sane at least. I need to get out more.

Back