• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let's see your very best photo

596020620_eYgTT-S.jpg

596030263_hQxYq-S.jpg

Sweet!:clap:

Interesting the speedo only goes to 85mph. Must be a 70's model of a small displacement bike????

I've been a pretty big slacker in here lately. You'd think a photographer would want to show off pretty often? My bad. Anyway, here's a little game of catch up.

Canon G9, from my Uncle's boat - Sabine Pass.
3688758003_f3859e887f_b.jpg

Canon G9, handheld (good prone position), Independence Day - Houston.
3690238453_69a5e3e86f_b.jpg

Canon 5D, Alesis MultiMix 8 FireWire. Katy.
3739403362_41911daac4_b.jpg

Canon 5D, photo of a scrapbook page my Mom did. Lighting it w/o my product box was interesting. Worked well though, I think. Katy.
3799441299_d3a9436511.jpg

Canon G9, rays of light coming through Reliant Stadium at last weekend's George Strait concert (which was way awesome). Houston.
3806156902_0a19db374d_b.jpg

Canon 5D, ducks in the rain @ Hermann Park yesterday. Houston.
3820523441_30bd536005_b.jpg

Great shots. Really love the lighthouse and the fireworks.

Well, it is not my best by far, and needs to be cropped, still I was driving out west on I20 last weekend and got passed by a truck pulling a trailer with two (adult ATV's and one very pink barbie jeep. Inside the truck was one very tired mom and dad and what looked to be one still very awake little girl,,, the little jeep was strapped down just like the other two buggies in the trailer. It just made me smile...:mrgreen:
kdk_0168.jpg

Great thread.

Sharing some landscapes captured on tour. Hope you enjoy these.

[D80 & D90, no pp. Constructive critism requested.]

DSC_3266.jpg

Canyon Overlook Trail, Zion NP

For some odd reason, I keep coming back to this one I shot as an all-time favorite. Maybe it's the colors. Maybe the contrast, or just whimsical enough to keep me interested.
12FromAboveEntryA.jpg

lots of nice photos. makes me sigh with envy.

take the following feedback with a small grain of salt.
When possible, I'd try to frame the pic to leave the plaques/benches out of the pic whenever you can as I think they're just distracting (first couple of pics).

I'd avoid the split horizon or split frame shot in Chateau Lake. Shift the lake shore to the upper third of the frame, not the middle.

The road shots leading in from the lower left corner lead you into the pic. Some have "too much" road in them. The road isn't the story, unless it's really twisty, IMHO.

I kind of like some of the foreground objects. The bench at Seton Lake, for example, gives you an idea of scale and directs your view, but it also makes me picture myself sitting in it, enjoying the view.

And, to me, the road is sometimes the story even if it is not twisty:

Hwy89inMontana800.jpg

I liked the original idea of submitting one photo. That made people evaluate their pics and put the best one forward, instead of just posting all the pics from your last vacation here. Maybe someday we can try this again, but with a Nazi moderator who will enforce the one-pic principle.

leo7by24 has made me want to let the FJR stretch her legs some. Next road trip, I really DO need to be better about stopping and taking photos.

I liked the original idea of submitting one photo. That made people evaluate their pics and put the best one forward, instead of just posting all the pics from your last vacation here. Maybe someday we can try this again, but with a Nazi moderator who will enforce the one-pic principle.

I did a little reading of the entire thread from the beginning, and I rather enjoy the single or couple shot submissions myself. I also believe that was the original intent of the thread for many of the same reasons you mention. However, a few posts into the thread the original poster modified his criteria for size, and a few posts later decided to open it up for multiple pictures. So that's where the thread has migrated unless I've missed a post otherwise by TM.

Howdy,

:tab So I was thinking last night about how many cameras I see on the various rides in which I participate. That got me to thinking that it would be cool to see some of the best shots. To that end, I would like you to spend a few minutes going through your pics and find the one that you really really think is one of your best shots. Post it up here for all of us to see. Maybe tell us where it is and what it is about it that you find so appealing. I have a ton of shots so it may take me a bit to find one... Oh, and it does not have to have a bike in the shot, although that would be nice ;-)

Please keep images to 550 pix wide or less. Otherwise, please link to them with the URL tag instead of embedding them with the IMG tag.

Adios,

Hmmm... it would seem some of you missed the point of the original post, hehe. You were supposed to pick out your very best shot, just one, and then tell where, when, why, etc,... And don't even get me started on image sizes... :roll: Oh well, I pity the people on modems... :lol:

Adios,

Howdy,

Okay, so screw the original requirements, hehe. Here are some select images that I count as some of my best even though they are not the best from a technical photographic point of view. In no special order:

Adios,

Back