• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

M38A1 / 2016 Pic-A-Day

Here is my jigger, a vintage Bar Boy Jigger.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
07/19/2016
Well Clay, I hope this meet's your approval. A lot harder to shoot than I imagined as reflective objects are difficult and getting that white background pure white is proving to be problematic for me.
i-jWP6bcR-XL.jpg

Nicely done. I haven't tried a white background yet since I read they are very tough.

07/19/2016
Well Clay, I hope this meet's your approval. A lot harder to shoot than I imagined as reflective objects are difficult and getting that white background pure white is proving to be problematic for me.
i-jWP6bcR-XL.jpg

Everyday the first thing I look at is all the pictures a day. You never know what will be captured next. I appreciate the art of good photography, its just interesting. Thanks to all involved, Scott, Rusty, Tracker, Kurt, S P F. and the rest. I know it is a big commitment on your parts.

nice. I think I would have maybe tried to have the black/white horizon between the "Mexico" and the inside bottom of the glass, or just above the top edge of the salt, highlighting the salt more. That may have made the solid bottom part of the glass less interesting, though.

07/20/2016
The little 'secret agent man' pistola. I guess since it has a flash hider, bullet button, and tactical rail as well as a being semi-automatic fed by a multiple round magazine and it's black makes it an assault pistol? :rofl:
i-r9KMbSZ-XL.jpg

Get that flash hider off of there and add a suppressor. That is what those threads were meant for! :-)

Get that flash hider off of there and add a suppressor. That is what those threads were meant for! :-)

:tab The attitude toward suppressor/silencers in this country is moronic. We should be encouraging them rather than restricting them. I have neighbors that shoot often, which I am fine with, but it would be nice if they had suppressors. I would likely shoot more often if I had them available. I saw a video segment some time back that I think was about Switzerland and how they encourage people to own/use suppressors to control noise pollution, even when at ranges. It just makes sense.

:tab As always, great shot Scott :thumb:

:tab The attitude toward suppressor/silencers in this country is moronic. We should be encouraging them rather than restricting them. I have neighbors that shoot often, which I am fine with, but it would be nice if they had suppressors. I would likely shoot more often if I had them available. I saw a video segment some time back that I think was about Switzerland and how they encourage people to own/use suppressors to control noise pollution, even when at ranges. It just makes sense.

:tab As always, great shot Scott :thumb:

I completely agree with you. Even here in good ol' gun loving Texas it was only something like 4-5 years ago that hunting with suppressors became legal. That should have been legal 50 years ago!

Funny enough, the terrible attitude exists even at most gun ranges/clubs. One of the private clubs we belong to will sort of let you bring them but you still are required to wear ear protection the entire time. Also you get quite a few dirty looks from the "older" crowd as well.

07/24/2016
"Ranger"
This weekend I was able to pick up my tanned Axis hide from a harvest late last year. While over at the folks house this evening I spied Dad's "Gene Autry" cap pistol from 1928. He was three when he got it. I thought the two shades of Axis hide and holster could possibly go well together and here's the result for today's PicADay:
i-qrtJGGM-XL.jpg

I am beyond amazed that you have your Dad's cap gun from when he was three! I don't think my parents or I have ANYTHING of mine from when I was three, except for family photos maybe. The only toys I still have from my youth is my collection of LEGO.

07/25/2016
Not exactly what I was thinking today's pic would turn out like... But we do need the rain. Stupid high ISO to shoot f/22 for the lightbulb starburst and the raindrops in motion were from 1/45th sec.
i-fCgQCRn-XL.jpg

07/26/2016
Duke got me thinking about shooting watches as he did quite a few a while back. I have to say, not an easy object to shoot. Yet here's my first attempt at it for today's pic. Trying new stuff is always a challenge and you learn a bit more each time about what works and what doesn't.
i-GD4n8Dc-XL.jpg

07/28/2016
I really like shooting from this perspective and when you get a group broken from the rest with the curve, the picture just seem to come alive.
i-MBwvgRm-XL.jpg

Back