• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I was just talking to my girlfriend today about that. If auto bikes or more specifically electric bikes will stop the decline of riding or not.

A lot of people who would not jump on a Harley or Sport bike can easily jump on a NC700X or any Zero motorcycle any ride away with much less apprehension.

I kind of get the feeling auto ICE bikes will be skipped and electric bikes will be where the revolution occurs, if at all.

I’ve thought before whether I could get away with riding certain trails on an electric mc that are otherwise designated for bikes and feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve thought before whether I could get away with riding certain trails on an electric mc that are otherwise designated for bikes and feet.

Yes, everyone wants to put one over on the powers that be. It's what Americans do. Would have to have one with a full crank assy. And possibly hang some bags 😉 to disguise. inevitably someone would rat you out because you would be going too fast by somebody and they would claim that it's a safety issue "for the children"... Haha...it's what we do as Americans 😆

Yes, everyone wants to put one over on the powers that be. It's what Americans do. Would have to have one with a full crank assy. And possibly hang some bags 😉 to disguise. inevitably someone would rat you out because you would be going too fast by somebody and they would claim that it's a safety issue "for the children"... Haha...it's what we do as Americans 😆

heres just the thing to get by the man. looks like a conventional bike and does 28 mph with 80 mile range. $14,000
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-works-turbo-creo-sl/p/170237
https://www.popularmechanics.com/ad...mail&date=071719&src=nl&utm_campaign=17442642
1563289164-specialized-s-works-turbo-creo-sl-review-1563289109.jpg

heres just the thing to get by the man. looks like a conventional bike and does 28 mph with 80 mile range. $14,000
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-works-turbo-creo-sl/p/170237
https://www.popularmechanics.com/ad...mail&date=071719&src=nl&utm_campaign=17442642
1563289164-specialized-s-works-turbo-creo-sl-review-1563289109.jpg

Several years back the officials at large races such as the Tour de France began employing an X-ray machine to ensure nobody had a motor in their bike. Seemed absurd at the time but it was known that some new technology had emerged in electric motors and batteries that made it possible. There were a couple infamous mountain bike race occasions that showed their concerns were valid.

Cue the Jaws music!

I don't usually discuss these things before they happen but the rumor is there is a certain thread starter here that is on his way to the Ducati / Triumph (hint, hint) / Zero dealership as we speak. I wonder what he is capable of doing in such a clutch situation? Ah, the ever shifting sands. Triple, I mean three guesses.

Oh, say it ain't so Joe.

Cue the Jaws music!

I don't usually discuss these things before they happen but the rumor is there is a certain thread starter here that is on his way to the Ducati / Triumph (hint, hint) / Zero dealership as we speak. I wonder what he is capable of doing in such a clutch situation? Ah, the ever shifting sands. Triple, I mean three guesses.

Oh, say it ain't so Joe.
Now the suspense

Cue the Jaws music!

Oh, say it ain't so Joe.
Waiting!

Now the question is when??

they have a couple I like, so many wants so little money, lol!

Cue the Jaws music!

Oh, say it ain't so Joe.

Steve, is he Still there? Hmmmmm

I heard he was taking a 3 day intensive training on clutch conflict resolution. It's called, "Working with Friction" and is supposed to be really good.

It's not that he doesn't know how to use one...but there's been a rift in their relationship and it will need to be healed before he can truly bond with the new bike. :)

Figured I'd bump this thread since I'm a DCT owner again and there has been some DCT chatter lately.

After almost two years and nearly 28,000 miles of riding a motorcycle with a clutch lever, I'm back on a DCT bike again. A 2018 Gold Wing Tour to be specific.

I was a little hesitant to go back to DCT as I got to really enjoying the clutch experience, mainly at track days, but for touring DCT seemed like the way to go. And I was right. Really digging it.

I've got about 21,000 miles on DCT bikes now. Mister K said he is up to 160,000+ miles on DCT bikes with no issues. Pretty cool.

Looks like Honda still has a few models with DCT:

Gold Wing
Africa Twin
Rebel 1100
NT1100
NC750X

So seems like they are still invested in the tech for 2021 and beyond.
I am glad you left the cave behind, what did you do with your wooden club😂

Back