• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

15th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

If you don’t want to drop it, don’t bring it! There is lots of stuff big bikes can do here but it’s also easy to give into the temptation of “it should be ok”.

I’m up on my Africa Twin this week. I caved to the temptation on several trails. Only one drop going up a very steep hill. Wasn’t the hill that got me, was the stop on the very loose rock at the top.

One of the easier parts of Pines Trail 568. Once I got the front over, I was sitting flat on the skid plate.

View attachment 352435
I know that log. Seemed bigger holding on to the handlebars!

Even after 14 rides I still have so much I've never ridden...

Adding T234, T234A & T90V to the list.

1687212507189.png

Good to know. I’m 58, so also not a spring chicken. I’m interested in the nice, semi-groomed trails.
I am also wanting to ride semi-groomed trails especially to find new ones since I will be on a Klr.

My wife and I will also be there Sunday.

I don’t know this area at all and plan to ride with picco on this forum. He’s been before and wants to ride some less crazy trails. Reach out to him for info.

Looking forward to meeting you both, I have done some not crazy trails , I will be there at the brewing company at 6:30pm Sunday.

Back